Masters Running

Saturday runs/walks and big hugs to our East Coasts friends (Read 401 times)

Mariposai

Just getting ready for a LR, but wanted to stop here first to send tons of butterfly hugs to our East Coasts friends.

Whatever the day  gives us, may all of us try to find a blessing in it!

Off for a 15 miler before I drive to Chelan to meet up with Enkiephalin. What a lucky girl I am!

Erika, gifts like that is very common for us. Most likely they are farmers whom I have helped as a medical advocate in the past. I never now who is the fruit angel. I just trust to pay it forward. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Whatever the day  gives us, may all of us try to find a blessing in it! 

Thanks--I needed that.

Have a great day, everybody--I'm heading up north. 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I am sitting up on my deck overlooking the pond and I hear a very strange sound out in the woods. I am wondering if Sasquatch is out there. I was out for my longest run in a long while.... 7 miles. Strange how last week I struggled so with just 5 miles, even walking at times, and today I felt as though I could have kept going. My thoughts and prayers go out to our East Coast friends. I feel guilty enjoying the beautiful day we are blessed with here in Michigan. Good luck to all of our racers today....especially the Michigan Crim runners. OH, I almost forgot to mention, it must have been "attractive older men running day" out around the lake.....wow!!! I was the only woman and one of the men even offered me a bottle of water. How sweet.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Thanks for the thoughts Mariposai.

An easy 7+ miles this morning. I've been running without any timing device all week. The cat likes to run off with my Timex. I usually find it under the end table but not this time. I know damn well that as soon as I go purchase a new one the old one will show up.

As far as pets go...This was DS's 2nd night away to college. This was the 2nd night with Sadie (our dog)  pacing the floor and standing watch at the front door. It's kinda cute right now. I'll look at her and say "Where's Eric" and she gets fidgety and starts whining. She is his dog, has slept in his room from the day we brought her home...I do hope though she gets over it because it may be a long two weeks until labor day weekend.

I suppose I should turn to work...I'm at work {sigh}...Enjoy the day all.

......Heads Down EastCoasters............be safe

=======

.......36min poolrun

..............trailrun tomorrow with RacingCrutches........ohboyohboy

(I'm sorry,

but

I am REALLY getting into this.....I can RunAgain)

.....................good running guys..........RunWithWhatYouGot........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Rest day for me.  My hamstring is better but having major doubts about tomorrow.  Don't know what I did to it but the pain is real.

Thinking about family & friends to the east and hoping all goes well for you.

Skip

Tramps

Enke—thanks.  Mine came out very doughy for some reason.  Undercooked maybe?  I’ll try again.

Mari—yum, that fresh fruit sounds wonderful.  What a gift!  Thanks for the kind wishes.

Mary—I’m not sure I followed your post.  You think Sasquatch is an attractive older man?  Wink

Slo—does the cat work out with your watch or just steal it?  Those dogs aren’t stupid, are they.

Tom—always so cool to follow your inspiring efforts.  Only you could come up with the oxymoron “racing crutches.”

No matter how slow you go, no matter how many walk breaks you insert in the last few miles, running 20 miles in warm temps and 100% humidity just sucks.  There, I said it…and I feel better now. Smile

Tough one for me on already tired legs, but it’s done and I even avoided the rain.  The showers started just as I was stretching outside afterwards.  What timing!  20 miles @ 9:35, officially, though I added a few minutes by forgetting to stop my watch while refilling my water bottles.

Everything that could be a projectile in the yard has been packed up.  A few strategically placed sandbags are in place to keep rain from blowing into the cracks under the storm doors (a trick we learned the hard way). Not much to do now except wait for the inevitable power outage, hope the generator works, and take a nap.  We’re way out on the fringe of this storm so it shouldn’t be bad.  Best of luck to all of you nearer the bull’s eye.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Tramps, I could not understand my post either. LOL. Stupid iPad puts in it's own words and won't let me make paragraphs. I tried to fix it.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Dave59

Finished the Crim 10-mile run.  tselbe was a no show before the race, but I did get a chance to see Derrick again and meet Perch for the first time.  I actually lugged a camera to the start, but I'm not much of a picture taker.  I was kind of waiting for Tom to show up and get a group shot, but eventually we had to make our way to the start.  So I'll blame the absence of a picture on Tom. Roll eyes  I really should have got one of the 3 of us for visual proof of the fe.

I had a 4:45pr,  Finished in 1:27:50 which is a pace of 8:47.  I thought I might have an 1:25 in me based on previous 5k & 10k times, but it wasn't there today.  I don't think I could have done any better.

Walking back after the race, a guy walked by me that looked like Perch, but I figured it couldn't be.  After a few minutes of walking, the curiosity got the best of me and I jogged up to the guy.  And it was Perch.  So we talked some more on the way to the cars.

I was walking by Flint Farmer's Market and decided to stop in and look around.  It's a nice place. Lots of produce, but I bought a couple fresh cooked mini-donuts,  MMMMMMMmmmmm, melt in your mouth good.

Mariposai

No matter how slow you go, no matter how many walk breaks you insert in the last few miles, running 20 miles in warm temps and 100% humidity just sucks.  There, I said it…and I feel better now. Smile

Running 20 miles is tough enough, but to run it in  your weather condition is a sign of a brave warrior! 

I was wondering what people do to get ready for the hurricane.

Well, my plan was to run 3 solid hours today. I try to go by hours the first time out post A marathon race, that way I am not focused on the pace, but on the hours on my feet. So, 7 hours easy pre-dawn, then I came home to pick up the Easy Pacer for his second long run in his training history. We ran 5 miles together. Then back home to hydrate then back up to get my three hours in. 16 miles total, with the miles with the DH being the fastest paces!Shy.

Why is it that there are times I can post my RA garmin graph here and sometimes I can't . I wanted to post the fun hills I ran today, but it will not allow me. Roll eyes

Here is wishing twocat safe return back home.

And also wishing to hear back from hemeracoulus. Long time no see, sistahh.

Leslie, your rock, girl!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

Slo—does the cat work out with your watch or just steal it?  Those dogs aren’t stupid, are they.

One time I strapped it around the cats neck. She didn't like it so much.

I wonder if that's why she hides it all the time. Roll eyes Big grin

Congrats, racers!  I cheered on the local 5k racers as a course marshall and as usual, almost got beaten up by an angry driver.  I seem to bring out the worst in them.  They forget driving is a privilege so they can haul their fat a$$es to the convenience store for a pack of smokes.

There, I feel better now.  I was at about the 4k split and I got a few thank yous and a high five.  With the heat and humidity, many of them looked like they were dying, just like I did 2 years ago when I PR'ed at the time with a 25:09.  None of the other course marshalls were cheering or clapping.  I thought about that koan or zen riddle: what is the sound of one hand clapping?

After I got back to my car, I pulled out the Garmin and did 4 easy.  Part of it was at the finish line and there was still water so I grabbed a bottle.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mariposai

Running 20 miles is tough enough, but to run it in  your weather condition is a sign of a brave warrior! 

I was wondering what people do to get ready for the hurricane.

Well, my plan was to run 3 solid hours today. I try to go by hours the first time out post A marathon race, that way I am not focused on the pace, but on the hours on my feet. So, 7 hours easy pre-dawn, then I came home to pick up the Easy Pacer for his second long run in his training history. We ran 5 miles together. Then back home to hydrate then back up to get my three hours in. 16 miles total, with the miles with the DH being the fastest paces!Shy.

Why is it that there are times I can post my RA garmin graph here and sometimes I can't . I wanted to post the fun hills I ran today, but it will not allow me. Roll eyes

Here is wishing twocat safe return back home.

And also wishing to hear back from hemeracoulus. Long time no see, sistahh.

Leslie, your rock, girl!

lamerunner

Good afternoon.  Very Humid and partly cloudy here, no rain yet. I think we are supposed to get hit tomorrow. I suspect we will be fine.  We have gas stove and grill, adequate food and wine and plenty of headlamps.  DS has a socccer jamboree; they are playing tomorrow morning. As of now, it is still on. We shall see... today is his 12th birthday so lots of presents and I will make a cake.  Thankfully we scheduled the lake birthday  party for next weekend anyway. We did have to pull the boat out today though  but we hope to get it back in for the party.  He is having a few friends for overnight and hopes to waterski.

16 easy miles this morning with a friend who is also running OBX. nice to catch up and have some company. We were both a bit tired from recent workouts and in my case, travel, so we kept the pace pretty easy.

I kind of want to go over to the beach to see the waves.. might be hard to get back though. We are only about 35 miles from the ocean but I hear the beach vacationers are mostly leaving.

Thanks to the westerners for the hugs. We may need them...

Slo, that is funny about your dog. DH says when I was gone delivering DD to school, all three cats slept on her bed.

King of PhotoShop

Wise to take it easy Skip. No need to push on it now.

Good job Dave on the PR.

Tramps, hope all works out and there is no damage.  Nice 20.

5 slow today gives me another 40 mile week.  Haven't missed my 40 since the 2nd week in May.

Riblet didn't make the cut for the first big x-country meet and the coach told the kids who didn't make it that they didn't have to go to the meet if they weren't running. But the Saint and I thought he should go anyway to support his team and we took him.  Turned out they needed him and he ran well.  So we're pretty happy he did the right thing and that is sure to show the coach he is a gamer.  Spareribs