Masters Running

Monday, May 12th Daily Thread (Read 539 times)

((Tim)) - thank you so much for sharing!! you make us realize how very important it is to cherish the people in our l ives - you sound like an amazing, beautiful person!!

denise

...Funny Holly..... I had more of a HIP Protection Thing in mind.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

btb1490

Happy Monday! Yeah, right! Wink Holy cow, where did the weekend go? Was there even a weekend? If there was, I sure don't remember it. I hereby nominate Vista as the official thread starter. It's pretty cool how he comes up with something new and poignant every day. Thanks Vista. Some incredible stories from people the past couple of days. Thank you everyone for sharing! Smile biketm- you keep plugging away, despite not feeling well. I'm sorry about the relationship you had with your mom, and your other troubles. Sad I'm sure though that that's why you are as tough and independent as you are now. Jeanne- kids don't come with instruction books - you just love them and do the best you can. Yep! I hope your mother's day was as relaxing as you had planned. eliz- what's wrong with burgers and dogs? Yumm! Rochrunner- hope your day off from running yesterday left you with more time for other good stuff. I was just reading about all the cayote incidents recently too. Watch your young children! Glad you had a good run today. evryday- thanks for the photo tour and recap of your trip! Glad you got some running in while there. Congrats to your son on his graduation! Let the fun begin! Sarge- you and your wife sound all recouperated from your races last weekend. PDR- glad to hear you are back on track with your running. Sounds like you had a good day! enke- take care of that knee, I hope it feels better soon. What was that TV special that takes an amazing journey of the development of life from the very beginning till birth? YOu got to see it first hand. Sounds like you are gonna have a lot of fun at that trail race. wildchild- I like your mother's day hike tradition! I would've liked to have seen your post about young brains and old bodies. perchcreek- yep, only runners! The rest of the world doesn't know what they are missing. charleygross- trail runs are the best! How's the lacrosse coming? TomS- glad the body parts are cooperating again! hopeful4ever- Smile (((Willie))) You gave him a fighting shot at least. Watch it, guitar hero will become addicting if you aren't careful. breger- checking in from Hawaii! evanflein- awesome picture! I like their jerseys too. I like how your kids show their appreciation for you, in their own way. We all need a good bonk once in a while, to keep us on our toes. Isn't it amazing the trash that accumulates? I'm glad you are all part of the solution, and not the problem. I loved that baby picture you posted! My cheeks hurt from smiling so much! Holly- you of all people, a bad mother? I wish you could see in yourself what others see in you. Remember, hills are your friend. So are waterbottles and wooded areas! Vista- it really takes a strong person to stand up for your convictions against the masses. BCMorant- I liked your testimony to your mom and dad. Smile Congrats on your weight loss and getting through some rough times. Ribs- WTG on your double one's run! halllar- nice run yesterday! SirWalksalot- Very nice appreciation of your mom! Well done on the long run! Teresa- congrats on the weight loss. You certainly worked hard for that! runningindc- well I hope you find a balance between spending $$$ and improving your quality of life. A running skirt won't do you much good if you can't run. But it sounds like you are on your way back to a nice recovery. Continued good luck to you, and thanks for posting. Francesca- I'm sure your kids realized you were missing when their breakfast didn't magically appear for them. tomwhite- I'm glad your experiment with the tape helped. I've found that a girdle works better than compression shorts for keeping the gut tucked in. stumpy- good luck with your upcoming run. Beside the biking, you've been doing your exercises... right? It sounds like you had a nice day with the family yesterday. JJJ- another great adventure for you. Loved the pictures, thank you for sharing! Do you have to worry about ticks where you are? They are out in full force here, which usually curtails any trail exploring for the summer. deez4boyz- Ugh on the fridge. I hope the mother's day cake inside was saved! Wink Great weekend you had! Smile fjordrunner- you're a native Long Islander! Smile Tallrunner- you are gonna rock your marathon! mrwhite- think of the extra pounds as "weight" training! dg- good to hear you are back in action! SueT- grrrr, you weren't rubbing it in with the ice cream story by any chance, were you? Are you still dizzy from doing 80 laps on the track? PJH- sounds like the marathon was a great success for everyone! Thanks for sharing! Cmom- a nice way to spend your mother's day! That is amazing about the pregnant woman! The weekend was filled with work stuff, church stuff, lacrosse stuff, helping others with other stuff stuff, chores stuff. Good stuff. Got a couple of runs in. I pretty much wore my running clothes all the time and would jet out when an opportunity arose. OVerall things feel great. THe ankle was a little sore, I think mostly due to the stitches. The bandages fell off and I got a good look at the final result. The surgeon said he was going to use something called a blind stitch, and that he did! His mother must be very proud of his sewing abilities! Off to the gym at lunchtime for a treadmill run. Got a nice little nor'easter brewing outside. Today is the kickoff of my training for the Missoula half in July. It's mostly gonna consist of a lot of easy to moderate 7-10 mile runs, with something longer on the weekend, and with one day a week of faster stuff. Really it's base work in disguise in preparation for a fall marathon. In Amy news, she's home again. The hospital visit was mostly for testing and evaluation purposes. In a few weeks, she'll be heading back in to have some procedures done. I was happy to hear from her mom after not hearing anything for a few days. Her mom sends her thanks to everyone for the calorie and diet tracking website info. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and is having a great day so far! Smile
        Mariposai

I hereby nominate Vista as the official thread starter. It's pretty cool how he comes up with something new and poignant every day. Thanks Vista.)
          I second that motion. Thanks Vista for your insightful postings. It is like a daily devotional-of sort. Slept in today, the body was just plain tired to get up and go running...so...staying in bed I did. I will do some XT during lunch.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Easy peasy 7.5 miles this morning with T... TomW- I wear them,but only in the dark of morning...
            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Bob--did he blind stitch on the quarter or use epoxy? Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

dg.

Hi Mike! You sound like you're doing well. your back & AT are ok? funny. i'm scared of my scale too. Sue, that's a lot of miles anywhere, but on a track! You definitely earned that ice cream. How has your mom adjusted to the move? SR, thanks for describing your method of increase this morning. I've been meaning to ask you about that, & was getting ready to look for the earlier posts to make sure I had it right before I asked. Since you're increasing your long run by 1 mile each week, are you adjusting your other runs to keep your weekly mileage steady until the 3 week jump (5 miles being a mile per day of running, a la Daniels?). Congratulations from me too on your eleven mile run & your patience & cheerful demeanor through this whole thing. Big grin. oh, back to work. tw, ... no more see-through shirts.
                dg.

Big grin
                  btb1490

This is a poor attempt by you to distract from your non-answer of my question to you! Tongue Crazy glue. I always carry a quarter with me, you never know when you'll need to make a phonecall. dg - quiet down there in the peanut gallery! Tongue
                    dg.

This is a poor attempt by you to distract from your non-answer of my question to you! Tongue Crazy glue. I always carry a quarter with me, you never know when you'll need to make a phonecall. dg - quiet down there in the peanut gallery! Tongue
                      Tight lipped Big grin
                      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Damn, he's on to me Blush yes, but probably not enough.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Don't worry Stumpy77, I got ignored completely Wink CNYrunner Hi, DG! waving at you like on the Brady Bunch with everyone looking up, down and around! yeah, I am supposed to be working too. I was efficient for a couple hours there. Time to see how my assistant is coming on her report....wait! that's me. it is lunch break time here though.......
                          dg.

Don't worry Stumpy77, I got ignored completely Wink CNYrunner
                            well, I'm not Bob, but I wasn't ignoring you in my head. oops. working. yes.
                              I'm still trying to figure out what body part I'm seeing and from what angle in that photo. Confused

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

PJH

Have you ever tried finding a payphone lately? Does it still cost a quarter? Smile PJ