Masters Running

Monday, December 1 Back-to-Work Runs, etc. (Read 553 times)

Renee the dog

25-1 = 24 days. I rounded down, ok? Or maybe you were referring to having that extra three hours? Smile
    I can't take this new math. It makes my brain cramp. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

Mariposai, you and your family were so sweet and caring to your FIL in his last week of life - you're all so special. So he made it to his 50th anniversary after all? The Colorado ski areas had an amazing amount of snow last weekend, which I'm sure they were happy about, since it was a holiday weekend. We skied at Loveland, and their website reports 20 inches in the last 24 hours, and 35 inches in the last 48 hours. It was snowing hard all day yesterday - every time I rode the chairlift up, my lap was covered with snow by the time I got to the top. It would have been really awesome skiing except for the wind. It even snowed in Denver - there's about two or three inches on the ground at my office today. But weirdly, it's supposed to be 50 degrees in town today, and 60 tomorrow! I brought shorts for my lunchtime run, but I hope the sidewalks are cleared or it might be kind of slick. Happy runs and cyber-Monday shopping to all of you!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

{{{Mariposai}}} I am sure your FIL was very comforted having you at his side during his final week. Tet - that was funny! This is a rest day, and my calves are very tight...but...but...it is so mild out there....I just might.....do....something....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

I started believing that email from Ribs to Tet, until I got to the part about "one of the boomer guys I admire the most" - and then I knew it was a joke. You a funny funny man Tet! No run for me today. I ran two days in a row, even though they were short runs, and my foot feels good today. But I don't want to push it, so will take a day of rest. I think the modifications the podiatrist made to my insoles might have been the trick to correct some of my overpronation, although I realize I'm not out of the woods yet until I can do a long run and still not have pain. Have a good day everyone!

Tammy

tet, nice marathon running with those amazing friends of yours. WRFB, nice picture of the Beers and the Tramps. bike, it's encouraging that your foot is feeling better. jlynne, nice 15K race. Holly, neat family picture. haller, congrats on hitting 1000 miles for the year. evan, my thoughts are with you as you continue battling your foot issues. lynden, nice half and neat you got to meet Mustang Sally. teresa, it's good to have you back from your trip. srlopez, you've sure been busy with 2 marathons and a 5K in four days. franc, nice marathon. mariposai, my thoughts continue to be with you and your family. Your father in law was fortunate to have such a caring family. lame, good luck with tomorow's ortho appointment. It's neat to hear about the 8 mile race for ribs and The Saint. Nice long runs for pfriese, Holly, wildchild, WRFB, PDR (cold rain for the Beers), perch (cold, rain, and hills), dg, enke, Aamos (a tough run), Hopeful, and Ilene. This morning, I didn't want to run in the 3 or 4 inches of new, wet, heavy, snow with more coming down so I headed to the TM in the basement and the Today show. I got in 8 miles at 1.5% and 6.2 mph (9:40 pace). I completed the morning by cross training with a snow shovel. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Monday to all and re-acclimatization to work to most! no actual run today, but did want to mention yesterday's, since I didn't get a chance yesterday. A new PR in both distance and time on the road. 7.5 miles in just over 1:09. Not a blazing pace, but everything felt good the whole way and nothing hurt afterwards. Can't ask for much more than that Smile I'm hoping to do a half in early April, so hope I can keep this up for at least a few more months. Mari--you're a wonderful person to have looking after someone and a much stronger person than I. Can not imagine being able to do that. So nice to have a celebration rather than sorrow. Roberta--glad you're back running again. Don't forget us over in the Newbies Wink Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey Seattle Rock 'n'Roll marathon folk. How long do I have to sign up, as most big Marathons sell out at some point. I am still waiting for my foot to completely heal, and get some runs in before making plans for anything right now. Boy, quite the line up of RA folk going to be there Smile 6/27 Mariposai - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 tetsujin209 - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 Franc59 - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 enkephalin - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Half Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 evanflein - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 Mr. Flein - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 arf - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 Divechief - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 TammyinGP- Seattle Rock & Roll Marathon, WA 6/27 biketm - Seattle Rock 'n'Roll marathon, WA 6/27 aamos - Rock`n`Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle, WA 6/27 Holly S - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 lyndenrunner - Rock 'n 'Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 Ileneforward - Roll 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA Thanks to Ileneforward for keeping track of all the races...heck, I was added without even asking her Big grin Tim - The Newly Appointed Taper King, thanks to the loser Tet Tongue

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

A new PR in both distance and time on the road. 7.5 miles in just over 1:09. Not a blazing pace, but everything felt good the whole way and nothing hurt afterwards. Can't ask for much more than that Smile
                  Woo hoo! Nice job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Mari - I wanted to exended my condolences to you and your family. Your story made me reflect upon my dad's passing. We too had taken turns to stay with him and I was in the room when he died. I remember being scared, but looking back I would not have had it any other way. Holly - loved your family photo yesterday. I can't wait to see Daisy!! Is now a bad time to mention that I finally lost 2 pounds - and over Thanksgiving no less!! Surprised

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Is now a bad time to mention that I finally lost 2 pounds - and over Thanksgiving no less!! Surprised
                      I will try very hard not to hate you for that, Mary..... Big grin Back-in-her-fat-pants Holly

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Tim - even though my little foot thang is not as serious as yours, I still went ahead and signed up. I think you have til the end of Feb before rates go up again. I had a $15 off deal that expired on 11/30 so I went ahead and signed up last week. I would have no idea how many entrants they are taking before declaring it sold out. I think R&R's take ALOT though. But it's an inaugural so you never know what could happen.

Tammy

I too am very out of the loop after being off line for four days. Mari, I am very sorry to hear of your FIL's passing. My condolences to you and your family. Eight miles for me this morning, untimed, but I felt decent after a day off yesterday. The hip is about 95% healed so I have only the knee to deal with. Hoping to hit the leg extensions hard for a few weeks and see if I can make a dent in it. I ran 10 miles on Thanksgiving - the first run that long in a few weeks - and made it through. Hopefully I will be able to move that run up slowly into the 15 mile range. Half marathons are not in the picture for me until next fall at the earliest. Healing vibes to all those still suffering. Meg

Once a runner . . .

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Meg... you've been on a really long recovery and a ways to go too. What got messed up? How to avoid it next time? It seems not long ago you were 1st woman in big marathons. I'm glad you've joined us again and look forward to supporting your progress! Rest day as this is a bit of a taper week for the Mistletoe Half Marathon Saturday...gotta PR, gotta PR...

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

xor

Do you get to kiss people at a race with mistletoe in the title? Incidentally, mistletoe always struck me as a strange word. I dated a woman for a bit who used to kick me under the table when I was being rotten. She had missle toe. Ouch.

Is now a bad time to mention that I finally lost 2 pounds - and over Thanksgiving no less!! Surprised
                                Ah, yes it would be! Angry Yours Truly the Newly 5 lbs Heavier Twocat Fatcat Sad

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/