Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 1.17.15 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

I'm sorry but I just have time for a 'walk-by' post this morning. I went just under 8 RW miles this morning in 4F temps with a bit of a biting breeze from the WNW. It was fun to get another MMTD stripe. Except for when walking into a wind gust, it was invigorating.

Gotta go - have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Hey Jay!

7.4 miles...Outside!. 34 degs. Sweet.

Most of the roads are ok for running on now. The ice patches, frozen ruts and winter grime mix has melted away. The rec trail is a little dicey though with snow melt then re-freeze when the temps dip at night.

It's a work day for me. I need to add a few new pattern programs to a couple of palletizing robots. Impossible to get the downtime during the week.

Enjoy the weekend!

...mornin' guys//...........30's here at the moment, but 50's later on today....

.............I Love The South...

=============

VENT ON-

......you're going to have to be nice to me for the next 90-days......

since

I haven't gotten any offers on my store,

I contacted

a ChainStore to see what they would offer

..I know

it's just my Ego talking,

but finding out what 30-years of building a business is worth to a Corporate Office

is  like Being Graded on how Your Life has been spent.....

not rational, but the Ego rarely is...

VENT OFF-

............ps......

...also remind me that telling them to go  Pi$$ Up A Rope is not a good negotiating strategy

=================

34-min poolrun with belt, deep end only

had to start Naprosyn this week (which I hate to do)

..........bike ride tomorrow

...............................good running guys...........after I become Un-Employed and have my hip replaced, I hope to join you....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good morning Jay, Slo and all to follow. Sounds like both of you have busy days planned. Glad you got your runs in first

It was downright balmy here at 5:30 when I left the house (I slept in a little). 6.84 miles at a 9:43 pace. At 34°, it felt sooo warm compared to the temps we've been having the last few weeks and it felt great to get outside. The side roads were slippery but the main ones ok. Running on our trails during the winter is not an option because the city/county does not plow them.

DS#1 and 2 are coming over shortly to get our family room furniture and some other stuff that won't fit into our new place. While we'll hang on to the snowblower until we move at the end of February, they're also taking the lawnmower, wheelbarrow, a large ladder and some other yard stuff that we won't be needing any more. Can you say "free" rummage sale?

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

MTA (((Tom))) You deserve better than this!!

mrrun

It's tropical in the mid-west - lucky Slo and Jlynne

warmer for us then at j o'clock as it was 10 with windchill of -8 as I did my 5. unfortunately the return was into the wind, but I was speedy for me, so it must have been the wind pushing me. Is that MMWC?

lots of Boston runners on the road and happy runs/walks and may the Patriots win!

((tw))

New skirt in town

Way to go, all you MMTD runners!  Marj, we were surprised last Saturday during a group run out of Hopkinton last week that there WEREN'T a lot of runners out on the Boston course! We missed 'em last week, I love feeling that camaraderie.

Last Saturday, I ran (really ran!) 10.3 miles, and my foot was a little achy.  So I've been decreasing the mileage a bit and combining my runs with elliptical trainer sessions. This AM, I ran 3.5 miles and then spent 1 hr 45 min on the elliptical. I watched a lot of trashy TV.

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!

It looks like it will be in the low 30's most of the day here, too.  But, I suppose I should get out sooner than later because the winds are just going to keep getting stronger throughout the day.

Good luck to Trackrat in his 5 miler, today!

I went ahead and ran 8 easy miles on the treadmill, last night...it wasn't too bad.

I'm still not feeling myself.  That's weird...I've used that phrase many times over the years, but when I just typed it out and said it in my head...it sounds kind of...I'm not sure of the word...any way--I still don't feel well.  I slept 10 hours last night and I still feel rundown and just blah.

But...since I slept in so late...I'd better get off this computer and get busy doing something...I haven't even put a dent my chore list.  See ya!

King of PhotoShop

Home from Michigan last night and after a week of no running, went out to the park with the Saint and did a slow 2 miler, while she did 4. It was high 40's then but temps are going to 65 today and very sunny.  I like it here better than Michigan. Next week I'm back in Cincinnati.

Off to the store to make us a nice dinner tonight.  Spareribs

It's a work day for me. I need to add a few new pattern programs to a couple of palletizing robots. Impossible to get the downtime during the week.

This makes my head spin, I am so thankful for MY job. I get every weekend off and never have to work from home. Glad you got out on mostly clear roads. It is 30F here but feels like 20. Our bike path is clear for the most part but it looked icy in sports so Intook a few walk breaks.  2 1/2 miles without the dog.  The musical last night was great! I have not seen Anything Goes Before. It was a lot of fun and the food was good. I love the dancing numbers with the whole cast.

I need to get to the YMCA to go through the weights but there will be no where to mark due to a kids wrestling tournament. Maybe MrStarr will drop me off.

Tomwhite, I don't suppose there are many buyers out there for a pharmacy. Our home town one just sold out to a chain, but a local MN one, not the big box store. Jason was a great pharmacist, about 40 and went through a divorce So had to sell it. At least he still works at the other Rx now. Good luck, hope something soon. I promise to be nice, always Minnesota nice!

Jlynne, yes it is warm here today, but the winds are getting bad. So, the Packers won, huh? I guess I Should root for the team in our division. I will try to be nice. I even looked up the details on the Green Bay half marathon, hmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,, MikeE and Slow will be there, right?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Greetings all and nice start Jay even if a walk-by

Easy to run MMTD today! Ran 13 miles with Iron J this morning starting at 2º and ending up at 11º Bright sunshine and deep blue skies and a great run. Kept it at 8:00 pace most of the way until last mile by Iron J's house --icy land.

I was spoiled earlier this week with three runs in Central Park.--clear pavement! On the road most of the week and then yesterday got the kiddo off to the airport and back to school for second semester. He was happy to be home and happy to go back---just as it should be. He made the Dean's List and his student assistant job with the track team has turned into a paid job---proud of the little stinker we are.

Tough going TW, sorry about that. I am not sure it's completely possible to extricate ego from a business you've built and tended for so long.

Good plan Robin, be good to that foot!

Hi gang!

Good runs all around!

The day started at 4F when I got up and almost 16 by the time we were done with a bit more than 10 miles.  Expected to warm to freezing for the rest of the weekend and maybe we will finally get some snow.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Dave59

I went out for a slow long run to see if I'll be able to complete the half marathon next weekend.  I used the rail trail and ran west for an hour, turned around and ran back.  Return trip took an hour and 4 seconds.  Ended up with 11.31 miles and tired legs.

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{TomWhite}}}  Rant all you like, we know your true value....

Ribs - so tantalizing to have you so close, Cincinnati is only an hour away...

No run for me today, just 30 minutes or so of weights and core and some stretching.  I decided to rest my knee up and then do my LR tomorrow.  Of course, all of a sudden the forecast went from 10% to 70% chance for early morning showers....

DD's BB team got beat this afternoon, but they put up a good fight.  Four more games next week (and two practices).  This is a long and busy season, but just a few weeks more until she gets a little break.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

...so tantalizing to have you so close...

Words which have never been said to me...poor me...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

TW--isn't there a quote that's something like Big Business know the cost of everything, but not the value.?  So maybe not effective, but probably very satisfying.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.