Masters Running

Monday - 6/22 (Read 36 times)

Dave59

What's up?  Any snow up there in Minnesota now that the days are getting shorter?

What is the word for when the weather folks get excited about possible bad storms?  Because there is an "elevated risk" of storms this evening and the local forecasters are going nuts about it.

I was feeling sick Saturday evening and spreading into Sunday.  I started wondering if I was a bit dehydrated from the run on Saturday followed by yard work and stuff, so I drank a bunch of water and I did start feeling better.  I got a little too busy and forgot to eat and drink right.  Kettle corn and a cupcake for lunch on Saturday wasn't enough I guess.

Today was a gym day.  Warm-up on the ARC trainer and then some weights.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Weathergasm?  Snowmageddon?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Morning, and feel better soon, Dave.  Er, perhaps EAT better would be better advice!

17 yesterday, the first 10.5 at about an 8:40 pace with one bridge crossing tossed in, and the first mile was warm-upish., then did 6.5 easy at a 9:40 pace.  4 easy this morning.

Have a great Monday.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Slo

Nice runnung AamosY!

None for me ths am...late to bed.

17 yesterday, the first 10.5 at about an 8:40 pace with one bridge crossing tossed in, and the first mile was warm-upish., then did 6.5 easy at a 9:40 pace.  4 easy this morning.

Aamos, if it were anyone other than you I would question if that were a good idea 6 days before a marathon, but then after all you are you!

Enke (if you're checking in again), I was going to gush here about our terrific Canadian trip to Ottawa and Montreal last week, so just let it suffice that we love visiting that country (except for having to take the 401 to get around Toronto!).

Dave, they're worried about the weather around here because tonight is the big annual fireworks show on the Detroit River jointly celebrating Canada Day and the 4th of July.

Tramps, I've used the same model of Brooks shoes (Adrenalines) for quite a few years in three different variations (road, trail, winter). I don't think it's unusual.

I got my DS's Father's Day card & gift this morning when I picked up our held mail. I feel bad for anyone with estranged parents or children. My own dad has been gone for 40 years now and I'll admit that I sometimes have trouble remembering things about him, but his influence still comes through on occasion.

No workouts for me today since, unlike Aamos, I really do need all the recovery I can get before that HM on Saturday!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

King of PhotoShop

TW, is this a resurfacing or a partial replacement?  In any case, it's good that it's not the entire replacement and good luck.

Yesterday was a great day at my son's house.  He made a delicious dinner and they gave me a Weber grill since my old one is shot. I won't use gas so I like a good charcoal kettle type grill. Can't wait to use it.

3 very slow miles in the dry areas of the park this morning with the Saint.  Spareribs

...ribbs//......I thought he said he was gonna just replace the socket, but frankly I wasn't paying attention

the part I DID hear was

''and it won't dislocate as easily''...........at which point I said something about ''Jogging'' and they said something about ''Murder You''

=========

my first

REAL week of being Retired>>>>>>waiting til it hits high 90's this afternoon to go biking

(to see

how much or little I'll need to acclimate to being OUTSIDE AGAIN!!!!!!!)

and

alternating other days with poolrunning

>>>>>>>>>>>>YOWZA

.........this could be better than being in College.......

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

deez, nice tri.  As I typed this, I realize it came out as sort of a pun that was unintended.  evan, congrats on 1st in AG.  Holly, happy anniversary.

Nice long runs for Mike, fatozzig, Slo, Tramps, Holly, mari, and Aamos.

This morning, it was in the mid 60s, there was a light wind, and it was humid.  I did 5 miles at an 11:33 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

>>>>>>>>>>>>YOWZA

.........this could be better than being in College.......

.................good running guys

Even better--no football guys to assault you. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Just popping in from work for a moment to say, 6 miles for me this morning in 71 degrees.

Back to work now...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

I celebrated the start of my taper week by running 12 miles in Centennial Cone Park!  They close one section of trail every year till mid June for elk calving, and it just opened last week.  With this section closed you can only do out-and-back runs, but with the trail open you can do a nice 12 mile loop,  and I've missed running there!  The wildflowers are gorgeous now.

Amy, sounds like you're tapering well, too!  Looking forward to hearing about the group meetup in Michigan next weekend!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sayhey! MM#130

Oh, you think I shoulda gone longer this am?

Aamos, if it were anyone other than you I would question if that were a good idea 6 days before a marathon, but then after all you are you!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Even better--no football guys to assault you. 

an Excellent Point///////

==================

.....welp, only hit 88-degrees,

2nd bikeride this week  40-min

with leg brace

and

a Seat Setting so high

as to be reminiscencent of Bozo riding a Unicycle

(gotta watch that 90-degree angle they tell me)

this is Going to Be Fun////////

..............good running guys,,,,,,,,Avoid bikers who are at least 6-feet off the ground.,,,,,,,,,,

..ps.....that's not me, and I only come up to the top of an SUV....

evanflein

Tomwhite seems almost giddy to have an appointment and plan in place. So good to see!

I don't think I ever remarked on Deez' excellent tri the other day. Well done, Denise! That's so cool, and you had a great time (both figuratively and literally)!

Love that picture of Carolyn on the trail!

Yesterday I got the bright idea a long run would be fun (yes, after a late night 10k just hours before). Headed out for a planned 15 mile run and knew it wouldn't be pretty by 4 miles in. It wasn't too hot, but it was sunny and there was a wind from the south, that brought in forest fire smoke as I went. By the time I turned around it was pretty thick. Bleh. Headed home and had to stop several times, just drained. Stopped at the Hampton Inn for water and grabbed some ice from the ice machine on my way out. Ice in the running bra is a tactic we don't have to use often here, but at times it sure helps! I made it to 13.2 miles and started walking. DH came looking for me on his motorcycle when I was about a mile from home. Whew!

Realized that before my 10k, I didn't want to eat too much so had a real light supper at about 6, then water until an hour before the race. Drank water and had watermelon afterwards, then DH and I stayed up and had popcorn while looking at race results. Then a small breakfast, then the run. Seriously under-recovered and under-fueled. After yesterday's run, I had chocolate milk, a turkey sandwich and lots of water, then dinner later. Made a huge difference!

The smoke came in pretty strong this morning... could smell it last night. Most of today it was pretty bad looking, like a heavy fog. We aren't in any imminent danger here as the fires are mostly some distance away, but we are surrounded by them so wind from any direction brings smoke. Lovely. It did clear a bit this afternoon, so I went for a short easy run of about 4.1 miles. The smoke wasn't so bad but it sure was hot out there! After yesterday's bonk I didn't know if I'd even run today, but legs felt pretty good and it was a good run. Amazing the difference proper recovery practices can make!