Masters Running

40's + on the Run w/e 5/15 (Read 443 times)

Good grief Joe.....do you need flippers yet?
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Good grief Joe.....do you need flippers yet?
      No flippers needed Ev. I now have webbed toes! Dead

Leslie, what's the word on your laptop? Did you get that mess cleaned up? The good news is you had lunch with the Governor, AND a bottle of wine. Now that's livin'! Jim, glad you got the planter thing going. Good luck getting the rest of the ground planted. Yes, I'll echo Joe's comment on your running. You are getting some nice consistent miles in. Joe, congrats on that fine 5K. Your trainng has been for distance, this race was about speed and you did really well. Do you have a 5K or 10K race in the future that you might be trainng for? With your latest 15miler, I see you're not letting up much. Good work. Joe, about the cargo shorts....here's a story. I was running an 8K last July 4 when a young kid in cargo shorts passes me early on in the race. I think to myself.....I'm sure I'll be getting him back later. Well about mile 3 or so, I'm picking it up nicely and sure enough, I blaze past Mr. Cargo Shorts. Then with about 3/4 mile to go, I begin to really struggle on a huge uphill towards the finish. Yep, here come Cargo Shorts and passes me......I could do nothing about it, I was used up. WTG Cargo Shorts......I'll always remember that race with a smile. Jewels, I plan to start training for an early October Marathon (or maybe 1/2) in June. The race is called Spirit of Survival. The race is run through a wildlife sanctuary and state park. From what I gather, it's not uncommon to meet up with Buffalo and Elk during the run. Will see how the training goes. Historically my mileage drops drastically in the summer. Lack of motivation seems to be the culprit. I intend to change that this summer. Thanks for asking. Good seeing you getting some miles in. Ultra, no wonder you've been absent from us lately. You're super busy! Good for you. Looks like the training business is taking off....that's awesome. 50miler..... Surprised I've got some field training this week and probably won't be posting for awhile. Still intend to get the running in and am looking forward to some new scenery. Hello the evryone else........
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          I echo what Ev said.......my goodness, you must have a couple of pairs of sneaks so that you can rotate as to let them dry out! Yes Joe, my daughters graduation is Saturday at 9:00 a.m. on the footbball field. There are 525 in her graduating class! A year and a half ago I really didn't think she would complete HS. Crappy friends, crappy boyfriend, crappy attitude and a whole lot more that was going on with her. She really turned a corner about 9 months ago and worked her behind off to get her grades back up. Although she will not graduate with any special honors, I'm still very honored to be her mom and very proud that she pulled herself through. Not sure about her college plans......the community college here is very nice and has a lot for her to choose from so I hope she at least makes a start there. The weekend following her graduation we will be having a BIG party here at the house! Speaking of school......today starts summer sessions Undecided I've got 3 classes....... Have a great week everyone! Jewels
          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee