Masters Running

Meatloaf Wednesday 12/06/23 (Read 39 times)

I did have a good meatloaf once, at a hospital cafeteria no less. It was a mixture of beef and pork, with a nice gravy. Lots of flavor, and paired with some blue? cheesy mashed potatoes.

Holly and others, I thought we agreed, ketchup should only be used on french fries. 

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greeting!

Meatloaf is a regular for our table.  DW does a combo of beef and vegetable soup. Plus other ingrediants that i don't know Ho t meatloaf sandwiches are good, too. But not very often 

And Holly is right--Two spaces after a period.  I've got my high school typing class to blame

Not any running per se, but morning and   evening dog walking.  Probably 2-3 miles

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

We make a most amazing meatloaf, if I do say so myself. We get a huge batch of ground beef (try to get the 10-12% fat at the most) usually from Costco, and some ground pork. Mix it in great big bowl with all sorts of goodies: Lipton beefy onion soup mix, a couple eggs/egg whites, salsa, ketchup, a handful of quick oats and sometimes chopped mushrooms. And some other stuff. Mix it up gently and form into two big loaves that go in aluminum quarter-sheet pans and onto the charcoal grill they go! DH loves making smoky meatloaf and our kids request it for special dinners. DH likes a barbecue sauce topping drizzled on. Send a lot home with the kids, keep some for leftovers and freeze a chunk for future dinners with no work. Yum.

Steve, that was a wonderful picture you posted the other day of the tree with the lights. Not sure what exposure or filter might've been used, but the effect was wonderful.

Holly, all I can say about the pics you posted is OMG, how does Sarah not scratch the hell out of herself (and others)??

We got our RSV shots on Saturday and had no after effects at all, not even a little soreness. Hope that doesn't mean we don't have weak immune systems!

I got cured of the two spaces after a period quite some time ago. Working with publications and printed documents is a good lesson in AP style and such.

RCG, I've been enjoying your posts lately. Always so thoughtful and thought provoking.

So. Today is one week out from my hip surgery. And tomorrow is Tet's knee, right? I think I've prepped as much as I can to make life easier afterwards, but you really don't know what to fully expect if you've never had anything like this done before. It's really timely though. This damn hip is affecting everything I do these days, even making me go up stairs one at a time. Looking forward to being on the other side of this!!

18.3 miles on the stationary bike today, started a new novel that sounds like it'll be pretty fun.

mrrun

Jlynne - thanks for the start

Tet - good luck tomorrow

Erika - good luck next week!

Holly - I used to wear silk tops at work & it helped with raynauds.  now I wear a silk layer under pants. they can be bought at lands end & llbean - not sure about REI.

Meatloaf - I have a wonderful recipe that my son found online about 1 year ago. Not sure how often he cooks it, but we enjoy it about every couple of months. it has ketchup in meatloaf and in the glaze.

Didn't walk with friends this morning because we came in later than usual last night.  However, did spend 2 hours at food pantry this afternoon.

Dinner with friends and there was no close parking, so we had a healthy walk (as did our friends).  Surprising because we've always easily found spaces.

have a greta evening,

marj

Thinking of you, Tet.

I love meatloaf.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Bill- the latest couple versions of Glycerin are really cushioned, as are the Auroras (my go-to long run shoe).  These things are at least as cushioned as the NB Super Comp and I think they are lighter.  They probably won't be out until 2025, though.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

moebo

I haven't made meatloaf in a very long time. Maybe I will try this week! Gotta look for a good recipe.

One space after periods for me.

Speaking of recipes, I made an easy but delicious appetizer to bring to a holiday party this evening. Everybody raved about it!

I got in 5.2 miles yesterday before school, but no run today. I wanted my hair to look nice for that party and knew it wouldn't happen if I ran this morning, so I jut did a little stretching and core work.

But I wanted to stop in to send my best wishes and positive vibes to Tet for tomorrow. And Erika, the same goes for you next week! I hope you both have much less pain very soon.

SteveP

Henrun - James Taylor!! Very kewl.

I use one sentence paragraphs when I write letters to coworkers and suppliers.

Heartfelt warm fuzzies going out to our friends who are recovering from procedures and those who are about to have them.

DD#2 had discouraging news.  She's 35 (already) and needs a hip replacement.  She's in pain but has to wait 10 years before she can get it done.  Shots will make another condition worse.

We had 5/9th of the grandkids over for reindeer pancakes.

6-year-old Josie wants three front teeth for Christmas.

2-year-old Reese took his to day care.

I got a call through the switchboard at work.  A truck driver asked if we were the place which was handing out "reindeer feed".  He bumped someone else so he could get some.  We're easily over 200 vials now.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I use one sentence paragraphs when I write letters to coworkers and suppliers.

Steve - don't tell twocat if he is snoo, . . . I mean lurking but me too, especially in cases of more than one sentence, with two spaces that make it easier to for older people like me to read  and never, never, never comma in business letter or get fired.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Good luck to the Taper  boy aka Tetsujin during his surgery tomorrow.

Erika, knowing you, you have prepared well for the post surgery life around the house.  I wish you luck sister. I will call you a few days post surgery to chat.

Meatloaf,  it was the first American meal that Paul, my Peace Corps volunteer boy friend, now husband of 38 years taught me how to make. I like Erika's recipe.

Running I did the last 2 days, 5 yesterday,  3 today. I so enjoy the gift of running.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard