Masters Running

Sunday 18 Jan (Read 35 times)

Mariposai

No running for me, trying to build back up slowly, so I decided to take the day off. 13 miler tomorrow.

I went Cross Country skiing instead.

SEAHAWHS won!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I figured the 'Hawks were going down since it looked like they forgot they had a game to play today.... and DH said I wasn't even out of sight before the game just took off. Oh well, I took advantage of the bright sunshine and 11° temps and ran the hilly roads around my house. A couple of out-and-backs repeated, a couple of loops repeated, and I ended up with 9.1 miles to get me to 43.1 for the week. That's good enough. Nice to come home and see the Seahawks pulled it out of the bag and won in OT! Sure, that's the game I miss (like I watch a lot of football anyway, right?).

Grilling a 5 lb meatloaf on the charcoal grill tonight, with roasted butternut squash, carmelized onions and mushrooms and steamed broccoli. Having DS1 and his GF over...

Tom, it sure looks like your race lived up to its name. Nice turnout for a winter race. Wow, that is a lot of shoes. Is it fun to work these sales because you only work 6 days a year?

A trackrat, great racing for you yesterday, you are super speedy.

Ah, football, I didn't see the start of the game but was not really cheering for the Packers. It was fun to sea the Seahawks make a comeback.

CNY, fun of you to get to see Marj and Henry.  Leslie, MrStarr and I had a date today too, to work out at the Y. We never go together since he can go during the day and I can't. I did a half hour on the bike and weights and stretching for another hour. I am just getting back after a two month layoff and it hurts, but feels good at the same time.

I have the day off tomorrow so we are shopping for basement remodeling supplies over in Sioux Falls. Now it is time to watch the DVD recording of Downton Abbey.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Happy Birthday Enkephalin (this is an original from Wildchild on Facebook)

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu enke-san.

SEAHAWKS won!!!!

wonbelievable! (whew......)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)