Masters Running

Thursday 2.13 another snow day (Read 42 times)

ribs, nice intervals.  CNY, nice long run.  enke, that certainly was an interesting run.

This morning, I finally got a run in outside.  It was about 15° with a light wind.  I wore my yaks but the route I picked was almost clear of ice and snow.  I did 4 miles at a 10:48 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - 

{{{{Pickles}}}}

Bought some TM lubricant yesterday and that seemed to do the trick.  My before-work time got mostly taken up with DD stuff, though, quizzing her on vocab words, baking emergency cookies (from pre-made dough) for a last minute school request, and trying a fancy braid for her hair.  Still managed a little running time though.

4.6 miles of varied intervals in the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

janie b good

lol ... whoever posted the 50 minutes of recovery, I read that as 50 MILES recovery, and thought "holy smokes!"

finally made it outside; 3 miles; sunny, 35*, followed by an hour of shoveling the remaining layer of snow/ice off my front sidewalk.  done!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

evanflein

Holly, my treadmill belt wants a lube job every so often, I can't remember if it's after a certain number of hours or miles, but the "LUBE BELT" message scrolls across the screen and you can't use it till you reset it. Of course, I usually lube it before resetting it, but have been known to just hit reset and carry on. I also take it apart and vacuum all the inner parts about once a year. I was surprised that yours didn't need or ask for any of that treatment. Glad you got it working again.

Glad you seem to be feeling better, Mariposai. That was quite the bug you were dealing with. Ease into it now, ok?

Marj, you crack me up. But I know what you mean about the kids wanting a certain lunch at school. I remember mine loving Sub Sandwich days...

Enke, if #12 even hints at judging you for not being as smart (as he thinks he is...), walk away. Seriously. But I think you're being too hard on yourself and just let the wonderful YOU come through. He's not looking for a colleague, right?

Watched the pairs skating last night. Pretty incredible. That German pair had a tough go of it, but still got bronze. Always amazes me how quickly they can pop back up after falling (or being tossed....). Interesting article in the Smithsonian magazine about abandoned Olympic sites like in Sarajevo. Hope that link works if you're not a subscriber.

Warmer today, "only" -5 or so currently. Sun is shining and it looks nice out there. But.... I'll run after work.

NHLA

7 miles 63 min  my house in snow

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Oh Rideau Canal.
              Thanks Tramps and henry Legree
              I’m adding Rideau to Walden Pond as one of my places to remain after I don’t anymore.
              Me too ice-skating steve but it only happened once with frozen sheets of rain producing shiny, mirror-like ice on a big lake up in the northland in those days.  Mostly though it was an inch or two of new or crusted snow making x-c ski skating around the three mile lake perimeter as fast as ice skating. No wonder I loved winter so much, especially when the northern lights reached down to the southeast from erika-land. Anyone wanna trade for the 56-degree, sunny day we’re havin’ today in Seattle?
              Me too twocat about giving up on the third-times-the-charm theory as, as has already happened two times before, Tokyo Marathon on 2/23's gunna have to wait again until next year. Rats. しまったぞ。  Oh well.
              No particular reason divechief but what time does the early ferry leave on 2/23 for the 33-mile 2014 Chilly Hilly around Bainbridge Island?  Do they still have that 10-mile short cut about half way around for old peop. . I mean for people who might not have been cycling that much recently, if not in the last five years?
              Anybody else getting nonsensical scam spam about “foam” running shoes?

Doesn't say what king of foam, ocean, shaving cream, mad dogs, ambergris, etc.

rnrinsider@insider . competitor . com New-Balance's-Fresh-Foam-is-Here.
              Congratulations to gospa Maze and mademoiselle Gisin for their gold medal tie in the zenska/femme downhill.  Too bad NBC didn’t seem to bother to mention that they reached nearly 80mph in their 60mph runs.

good luck tom.

You are angel.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

Tet: :

Not that you care. but we are meeting for the 10:35 ferry (Dove has to drop DH off at the airport forcing a later departure then we would prefer.

Dove doesn't know how she will feel after her 24 hour race, and we don't know what the weather will be, so we are keeping the shorter loop option open.  We are also aware that we can avoid Baker hill if we feel  like it, avoiding a big climb late in the ride.  And Enke,  I think you should pump your tires up and go for it.  You have all day to do it <G>

Oh Rideau Canal.

No particular reason divechief but what time does the early ferry leave on 2/23 for the 33-mile 2014 Chilly Hilly around Bainbridge Island?  Do they still have that 10-mile short cut about half way around for old peop. . I mean for people who might not have been cycling that much recently, if not in the last five years?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dave - oh, I didn't know you could get around Baker Hill. Sounds good.

If enke comes, i'll take the early ferry with her and connect with you and dove on our cell phones to meet you on the return ferry.  Do you know anyone who has any in's with the ferry system?.  I don't even think they had invented cell phones the last time we did it. I guess they had ferries though

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

Tet: that is just like you,  Taking Enke for yourself,  You are so selfish!

If you are do it, , when you get to baker hill,  don't turn right up the hill,  just go straight for about 2 blocks and you will be back on the route.

And no, sorry,  I can't give you any help  insides with the ferry system. I'm the only one I know that works there Smile

Mariposai

A picture taken during my 4 mile run tonight....

Just to proof that I am not longer a good girl .

yeah..

---my desire to run under the full moon started last night when I miraculously woke up just past mid-night. I looked outside the bedroom window and I saw a full moon teasing me to go running...right then I new that I had to go running either at that moment or tonight.

I am glad I waited...it was worth it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Hudson and I had an awesome four mile dog jog along the roads around here. Very few cars, quiet footfalls and one totally happy snow dog! I'll probably snowshoe later or even break out the skis since one of the neighbors made a 1 mile track around our cul-de-sac neighborhood

sounds like heaven

I didn't watch the dog show even though it's the 2nd oldest sporting event in the United States. Not one of those mutts have a cape and it kills me to see neglected animals.

(((((Pickles & TW)))))

Love the pictures

A few weeks ago, I was headed for a quick errand for the shop. There was a kid walking/bouncing towards our office. It crossed my mind, "What kind of dumb@$$ wears a dirty T-shirt to a job interview?". Sure as heck we hired him. Jammel (22)started Monday. He's my new "Right hand man" and can not stand middle aged white people. We just don't get it (that part has kept me amused). He was over at the semi-retired boss' house over the weekend working for free. Thankfully he's called in sick two days, however, I'm determined to do my best to motivate him up. I've asked that he sweep the floors while I finished a project. Later I said, "I know I didn't tell you. You really need to sweep up your little piles and put them in the garbage can". In an industry where steeled toed shoes are the standard, yesterday, he wore slippers to work. I've repeated, "Do not pick that up. Do not pick that up. Do not pick that up.". So far 100% of the time, he's dropped "it" because it's too heavy.  I told DW that I'm really concerned that the guy is going to get hurt.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - MY TM is an older (or cheaper) version perhaps, because it doesn't give messages on the screen, just numbers. The user guide is somewhat useless, other than telling you to get it serviced occasionally with a "licensed service agent" or something to that effect.

NHLA and Mariposa - love the pictures!

SteveP - let's hope the new guy doesn't get YOU hurt....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."