Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 3.6.14 (Read 36 times)

NHLA, sorry to hear about the accident and hurting back.   I hope it gets better quickly.  Jay, I'm glad to hear you're doing better.  You've been missed.

Nice long run Twocat and intervals, deez.

This morning, my wife had some oral surgery.  When we got home, early this afternoon, I did 4 miles on the TM at a 10:55 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

''Anyone else here hate fasting?  Since I am up at 5am, by the time I get though the 8am dr. appt, then wait at the lab to get my bloodwork (finally out of there at 9:45am), I am practically faint with hunger, a little shaky even.  Maybe it's the lack of coffee.  Anyway, I think of folks who have surgeries scheduled in the afternoon and they have to go all day without anything but a few swallows of water - this would be tough for me.''

.....same here holly///..........I have my Labs next week and have to do it again.......

I was so Out Of It,

when I went to my New Doctor,

he said ''Ya, Know I have a Sense of Humour Too''  while I was bending over for the PROSTATE EXAM

I had no ComeBackLine

normally

I would have said ''and a BAD Sense of Timing''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

NHLA

10 miles 1 hr 28 min. stiff back but loosened up after one mile. Pain makes me an impatient runner. Looking for the finish and not enjoying the run. Doc gave me some drugs so I want feel anything soon. good night.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

10 miles 1 hr 28 min. stiff back but loosened up after one mile. Pain makes me an impatient runner. Looking for the finish and not enjoying the run. Doc gave me some drugs so I want feel anything soon. good night.

please check with tom about his masking-pain theories.

However, don't ask him about downward dogs.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

NHLA--I hope your sore back doesn't amount to anything more than just being a sore back.

Well, another tough workout on the treadmill, tonight.  1.5 mile warm up--7 miles at 6:50 pace--1.7 mile cool down--total 10.2 miles in 1:14:50.  It sounds better than it was.  I had to hang on to the bar quite a bit and even paused it at 5.5 miles to go up and eat a banana.  I suppose I should have eased into this program after taking two weeks off.  I ain't the smartest monkey in the tree.  What?  Is that even a saying?  What the heck is wrong with me?

Okay--that's it--I'm going to bed.

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, Mike, it's not too early for me to start posting long-range weather forecasts for Monument Valley, Arizona, is it?

Saturday, 15th

Partly Cloudy

62 | 39 °F

Partly Cloudy

Chance of
              Precipitation 0%

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

So...would you like to hear another example of how dumb I can be?  On the way up to bed, my DW--who is all emotional about the passing of our friend the other day--started talking about how her hairdresser thinks the end of the world is near.  My DW thinks this lady is very spiritual and she comes home all the time with crazy ideas.  Anyway...I couldn't stop myself from laughing and, of course, DW get's irritated with me and she told me that, with all the stuff going on today, she really believes the end of time is near..."And you know what" she added, "I can't wait."  To which I replied, "Well, I hope it holds off a little while longer...I still have 20 states to get done."  I think I might have the whole bed to myself, tonight....hey...I ain't so dumb after all.

Good night.

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh, hi wild!  Of course not!  I love hearing weather forecasts....

wildchild

Carolyn

Mike, Arizona will only be state #8 for me - I hope the world sticks around for a while!  But sorry your DW is down about the loss of your friend. That's tough to deal with.   Give her a big hug.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Maniac 505

Tet:  I knew it would be close,  what I thought was in my favor was that the bet included a bonus for the baseball game playing in Fenway park during the marathon,  Boston Redsox (Amy's huge fav, VS Seattle Mariners who we both knew was a better team.  5 minutes per each teams run as I recall.  as I recall,  looking at the splits, I was ahead by chip time until about heartbreak hill,  Mariners were one? run ahead of Sox until heart break hill.  All along the course, people were holding up score cards.

Starting at Heartbreak hill, Amy's prowess of negative split had her starting to move ahead of me.  (This whole race was tracked closely at CR,  It was fun to read the thread later.)  Also, somewhere around  Heartbreak Hill Seattle was 1 run ahead,  Boston was at bat,  one runner on base.  bottom of the ninth,  3 balls, two strikes.

The pitch was made,  last pitch of the game  HIT OUT OF THE PARK!!  Boston scored two,  beat us by one run,  and Amy came in something like 3 minutes ahead of me, so instead of one pitch away from winning by 2 minutes -3, +5,  Amy got me by 8,  (_3, +_5)

Amy,  how close is that to your memory?  How much is my memory slipping?   how far did I get it off?  Oh yeah and I still owe you a dinner (and a TUTU was never really part of the bet)

dave (or is it David?) - is that the same amblin' amy with nearly 90 AG victories to date to say nothing of 20+ and more a year and with more than a dozen in a row several times (14,15,17, etc.)?

ps - are you the same divechief who thought he could beat her in the Boston Marathon?, . . David, David, David.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dave - no wonder you have so much fun running.

maybe try to get her to come back here sometime.

MikeE - if you don't think the end is near, you missed

I was so Out Of It,

when I went to my New Doctor,

he said ''Ya, Know I have a Sense of Humour Too''  while I was bending over for the PROSTATE EXAM

I had no ComeBackLine

normally

I would have said ''and a BAD Sense of Timing''

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

NHLA, I hope your recovery is speedy.

Good to have you at the top of the forum Jay.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, another tough workout on the treadmill, tonight.  1.5 mile warm up--7 miles at 6:50 pace--1.7 mile cool down--total 10.2 miles in 1:14:50.  It sounds better than it was.  I had to hang on to the bar quite a bit and even paused it at 5.5 miles to go up and eat a banana.  I suppose I should have eased into this program after taking two weeks off. 

Are you sure you should be doing such tough workouts so soon after your excellent marathon?  Just be careful not to hurt yourself.

Steve - what are you doing up at 3:30am?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."