Masters Running

Meet-up in Maine (Read 426 times)

an amazing likeness

The Motel 6 (she made the reservations) 1 Riverside Street, 1-95 at Larrabee Road. Is that what you meant MilkTruck? If it's close to the race start---very cool. I've been traveling for work lots and haven't focused on race details much. I'll do that tomorrow.

That's the one.  Easy, straight shot drive to the start, parking and expo, etc.

6:00 sounds good. we'll stand a better chance of getting a table then.

I'll try to stop by and say hello, and have a pint. Sounds you all know each other...so I'll just look around for a group of runner looking people...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Well...that was miserable. 55F, raining hard at the start, wind from the north (headwind). 

Did see Mainerunnah on the course, he said he was testing his knee for NY.

You've got that right! Yeesh...driving rain and headwinds...I started laughing after awhile, it was so ridiculous and I was absolutely soaked. Still pretty happy though----first mile was a 7:37 and finished my 14.8 mile leg in 1:46:11 (7:11) pace---handed off to my work buddy and we finished the marathon in 3:28---fastest she has run in a long time and it's her last year in the 40-49 age group. Don't see official results yet, but I met up with some Western Mass runners at a rest stop on the way home and the second woman in the marathon is a Holyoke area woman---29 years-old and ran a 3:09. Go 413!

Sorry not to see you the night before MlkTruck. Henrun, Marj, RCG and the Rocket Scientist loved Gritty's. I did too! I don't know how they did today and await all the official details.

It was definitely miserable out there and I laughed again as I drove across the border into Massachusetts and the rain stopped and the sun even came out! I was hypothermic after I handed off to my relay partner and it took quite awhile for the teeth to stop chattering.

MTA:

Results posted and my relay partner and I won the masters female category----Dashing Divas! 10th overall and first masters women  Cool!

http://www.mainemarathon.com/assets/2011relay.html

Henrun

While waiting for the start, we decided to wimp out and bag the race. Turns out around 700 folks made the same decision. CNY - impressive running. I'm assuming RCG and RS also did well.

I am even happier that you suggested dinner the night before then! It was crazy out there and you made a good choice. There are more races to be sure and you got to get dry and warm much sooner! My fancy trash bag poncho was okay at the start and then I got so soaked I started laughing. Not always smart I am. 

I was in Portland this afternoon at Bull Feeney's - would have loved to meet up with you all yesterday but it was my sister's 50th birthday dinner!!  It was fun seeing a few people in the bar with their medals on today!!  And, it still hasnt stopped raining here in Old Orchard Beach yet I here it's nice and dry down in Mass. - go figure!!  Roll eyes

denise

Henrun

Karin-congrats-your relay team did well on a really tough day. Sorry we missed you Denise.

We had a relaxing breakfast in Portland and stopped on the way home to visit my DS and his fiance in Kittery. When we arrived home, we unpacked and went for a nice dry 6 mile run. Glad we decided to not run the half-one or both of us might have become ill with those conditions.

New skirt in town

Yikes, glad you got at least a few dry miles in this weekend!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

an amazing likeness

"Maine Running Photos" on Facebook has some good photo sets from the start and finish. Everyone looks very bedraggled.