Masters Running

Sun 9/21 runs and good racing (Read 482 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning everyone...must be a lot of sleepy heads, or people out on runs this beautiful Sunday morning. Some tuff races yesterday, that I have not respnded to yet, but will. Hope Holly is feeling better today! Already finished a 10 easy miler with this young lady that I am helping to run her first 1/2 M. 55 Degrees when we started, so IRC. No watch or Garmin as I was running her pace...don't get any ideas, she is only 28 years old, lol. This makes my second 30 mile weekend...32 actually, and I am feeling remarkably great. New weekly PR too at 71.6 miles...never thought I could do that, but feels cool. Back to the 60's now per Ribs plan of a lot more speed and hill work till Oct 19th, then taper. And wanted to add my heel and feet are feeling fine. Someone asked if my shoes helped me run my 22 miler yesterday faster...I will admit, yes they did because my running gait feels great again. Go Ball State with their big win over IU!!! Great runs and whatever today to everyone. And again...enjoy the gift!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning Tim and congratulations on your HUGH weekly mileage PR! 8.2 slow and gentle miles for me today in a crisp 57 degrees. No ill effects from yesterday, so I’m guessing the heat was the cause of my dizzy spell. DH and I spent the afternoon yesterday cutting up the rest of our fallen tree and dragging the branches to the curb. The city will pick up the tree debris tomorrow with the trash. Many homes, including the next block over, are still without power, so I feel very fortunate that we got ours back after only two days. Soccer on tap today, errands, and painting DS’s dresser to match his new walls and bedding (I just keep chipping away at house stuff, little by little). Maybe I’ll get the kids out later to enjoy this beautiful weather. Good runs and races to all!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Very happy you feel good, and are alright Holly...enjoy your day with your family! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

“Do you remember the 21st night of September? Love was changing the minds of pretenders While chasing the clouds away Our hearts were ringing In the key that our souls were singing. As we danced in the night, Remember how the stars stole the night away Ba de ya - say do you remember Ba de ya - dancing in September Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day” A foggy and cool New England morning and I headed out the door for 11.3 steady and watch-less miles at 6:00 AM and 43F. Felt good and I listened to EWF and Roxy Music the whole way. Erika! Way to go….Looks to me like you met awesome goals. Hope your hands are warmer now and that you are enjoying a well deserved chillaxing Sunday. Congratulations! Way to go Tim on the mileage and feeling great! So relieved to hear you are okay Holly and had a good run today. Karin

Renee the dog

Mornin' -- dear G*d, where's the coffee?!! Never had a chance to post my 5miler yesterday morning. It took almost 2 hours! only 45 min of that was running the 5 mi., the rest was Renee socializing (and running more miles) on the beach. It was classic car weekend and I headed to the beach pre-dawn as the cars were already lining up to get the best spot on the boardwalk. Man those old cars sure stink! Not running near that. Spent the day helping my sister clean out my parent's condo...we're about 1/3 done. After 6 hours non-stop. Got home, and decided to run my 8 miles later today after classic car weekend is over. Good choice as the kids were restless all night and I really feel pummeled right now. Haven't had a chance to check out the race reports, but willl do so after church and hanging the new curtains that came in the mail. Nice job already having 10 in the bag today, Tim!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

The week of my F.I.R.S.T training time-trial is complete. Reviewing: Day1 Plan: 3 miles repeats at 7:11 min/mile pace Actual: 7:34, 7:12, and 7:10 Day 2 Plan: 8 miles with 5 miles at tempo in 40 minutes Actual 8 miles with 5 miles in 40 minutes 30 seconds Day 3 Plan: 15 miles at 9 min/mile pace (2 hours 15 minutes) Actual: 14.3 miles in 2 hours 15 minutes Self-grade C+. There are two ways to look at the results: "The glass is half full" - I did all this in the H&H of S. Florida summer. Some leeway is allowed. "The glass is half empty" - I did none of them completely to plan. You can see why the BQ is a stretch for me. Holly, nice race, but you're scaring me. How is your Iron level? Perhaps some supplements/nuitritional needs are in order. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Holly.. it was definitely the heat. Get some good cool weather runs in and your confidence will be regained. 4 Magical Healing Miles in 42:13 (10:36 pace, AHR 138). First part was painful as nerves got untangled but it feels good after. It's like shin splints except in the calf. Sports Dr Appt Tuesday (finally). Have great runs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

My thoughts are with you Holding hands with your heart to see you Only blue talk and love, Remember how we knew love was here to stay I give it a 94, Dick. I liked the beat and it's easy to dance run to. I used to listen to Shining Star on my long runs.
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  DickyG

In a political speech in Sterling, VA, Democratic vice-presidential candidate Joe Biden says part of the solution to the country's financial crisis is "ending the cowboy mentality of the Bush-McCain era." When asked to respond, McCain stated "that no-good varmint ought to be lassoed and hog-tied." Tim: Top job on yesterday's 22-miler...I'm exhausted just thinking about it... Carolyn: Free trash day? How much does it usually cost? Evryday: 26:29...3rd in age group...hmm...excellent effort...and a great last half. Holly: Way to gut it out...I think 10 min. pace is terrific considering your injuries. Karin:
                    Do you remember the 21st night of September?....
                    Yep...EWF definately rocks...have their box set...actually got to sit in with them some years ago during a concert at the Greensboro Coliseum. Also...nice pix...and how was that lemon anyway? Quick report on yesterday: Shot 73 in first round of golf tourney..I'm tied for 2nd in the seniors division, 2 behind leader...today we're in the final group together...I can beat this guy. Softball: We split the double-header...won first game but got waxed in second...no outstanding individual highlights from yours truly. Sarge...I'm now playing second base instead of left field...I consider this a demotion. Final round of golf tourney this afternoon...that's the last one for me this season..sooner or later I got to concentrate on running a little better if I'm gonna challange my nemesis Evil Jim DeHart next month. DickyG
                      Winding down now with a 12-mile hilly run at 10:01 average pace. It took some effort to maintain that pace, but it's a beautiful clear cool morning and I didn't mind working a bit hard. Portland is 2 weeks from today. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

An overcast, cool morning here. I did an even 8 miles at a 9:35 pace and for the first time in months, felt like I could have kept going. Must be the stress I'm feeling right now. The gray weather kind of somes up my day. I'll be driving DS#2 down to check-in for boot camp later this morning. I can't explain how sad I'm feeling right now with emotions all over the place. I know this a good move for my son right now - failed at two attempts in college, no decent job prospects to speak of, just can't find his path. He didn't choose the service for the right reasons, though. Instead of looking at the positive things this experience will bring to his life (not to mention the great education and advantages that will go with it), he's looking at it as a last resort, sort of a punishment for not being successful at anything else. He's a very inward kid and doesn't share his feelings or thoughts easily. The next 8 weeks will be brutal for him so I hope he will take each day as it comes and become a stronger person. He was only 5 years old when his father and I divorced and it was tough for him to adjust. I always feel like I was never a good enough mother to him but kids don't come with instruction books - you just do the best you can. I will get through this day - if you could, keep my son in your thoughts while you're out for your run today. Thanks for listening, Jeanne

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh Jeanne - today will not be easy, but you must believe in yourself. I'm sure you did the best you could and are a wonderful mom. I have a feeling you'll be proud of him after he gets through this. Hang in there! Tim didn't make the coffee this morning because he was out running with a 28 year old! Now we know where his priorites are!! Nice job this weekend Tim - your long run yesterday was awesome! Happy you are feeling better Holly! Out for 8 this morning in the fog. 10:41 avg. pace with a 151 avg. HR. I think my HR is slowly coming down which is nice to see. 10:49 / 143 10:23 / 151 10:26 / 154 10:43 / 153 10:36 / 156 Hills 10:40 / 149 11:04 / 152 Took a short walk break 10:45 / 154 Have a great Sunday everyone!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

21 miles @ 8:35; 136 AHR. I was on my feet all day yesterday so I decided to just make this a plain vanilla run; no progression, no wave, no fast-finish. Just run comfortably and enjoy this gorgeous morning and ideal running weather. Now, the ice bath cometh. Will catch up on races and other posts later.

Be safe. Be kind.

.....usually the only music I listen to is what pops into my Head....... unless it's the ''Flying Monkey Song'' from Wizard of Oz..... I try to igore that one..... ======= ...but I digress...... ..........45min HeavyHands Run..........some GangBang Idot wandering around the athletic fields..... .......and here I come, 2.5lb boots, 2.5lb handweights, felt lined pullover, scarf over nose and mouth.. .....he got back in his car.... go figure..... .........sweaty run, Zoned Out a couple of times, but still an effort, hopefully I can Burn this Thing Out this week. ................good running to the rest of ya..................try not to scare anyone today..

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Jeanne, I will be thinking of you and your son today. I know this is a tough one but I also know that you are doing the best you can and I'm sure it has been a very good job. Hang in there. Spareribs