Masters Running

Monday, 9.14.15 (Read 43 times)

C-R

Sorry to hear Holly. Our prayers are with you at this time.

Great race Wild.

Good LDL to you Ribs. Nice article(s) too.

That's nice to hear Tselbs. I had the other experience. I've been an Amex card holder since 1997 and never missed a payment. Missed one by a couple of days last motnh due to my busy travel day and received a letter in the mail maxing my interest rate. 18 years of being a good customer and then that letter. I paid off my balance this month and called to cancel. I felt badly for the customer service rep who was apologetic and tried her best to keep me as a customer but I asked her one simple question - would you do business with a company that treated you this way (no yelling or venting on my part - I worked call centers and its a thankless job and they don't make the rules. Same for counter workers at airlines for me although I've never worked there). Her answer surprised me since its a taped call and she said probably not. Well rant off.

Got some new kicks in the mail so I had to run again this evening. Sketchers MebRun 2s. Oh my!

Well back to work. Three projects require my attention.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

evanflein

So sorry to hear that Holly, and like Carolyn said, for the lost relationship as well as loss of your step mom. {{Holly}}

Nice job, Carolyn!

Ok, our weather sucked all day, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain and cold so bah on that. I was also very busy at work all day so I guess it's all conspired against me to call this a rest day. Probably just as well, my hip can use the break.

SteveP

On a sad note, my stepmom died on Friday evening.  She was only 65 years old.  We had had a strained relationship for years because she never forgave me for looking up my real mother years ago, but she raised me since I was three years old and her death is quite a blow.  Lots of unresolved stuff.

I'm so sorry Holly. 

SteveP

Henrun

That's nice to hear Tselbs. I had the other experience. I've been an Amex card holder since 1997 and never missed a payment. Missed one by a couple of days last motnh due to my busy travel day and received a letter in the mail maxing my interest rate. 18 years of being a good customer and then that letter. I paid off my balance this month and called to cancel. I felt badly for the customer service rep who was apologetic and tried her best to keep me as a customer but I asked her one simple question - would you do business with a company that treated you this way (no yelling or venting on my part - I worked call centers and its a thankless job and they don't make the rules. Same for counter workers at airlines for me although I've never worked there). Her answer surprised me since its a taped call and she said probably not. Well rant off.

We had the same problem a few months ago, spoke to the service rep and AmEx rectified it. So we didn't have to cancel the card. Sometimes diplomacy works.