Masters Running

Saturday June 7th Daily (Read 404 times)

Carolyn, such a run! I would really love to have a nice long slow run with you and chat--I hope we can make that happen. Really, I am so happy for you, and once you are settled in the new job and all, it would be grand if we could get together some time for a run and chat. Huge congrats! A
    Masters 2000 miles
      Oh, forgot to add--I love Wait wait, too. DH and I listened to it at the hospital--Jim Webb was funny, but eeeeiiouwww as to the story about the mom chip,--I agree with Peter on that one! Update is: still progressing--4 walks today in the halls, in regular clothes (gadzooks, do hospitals hand patients those drab, unisex, totally demeaning schamtas to keep them submissive??--I made DH get into some sweatpants and shortsleeved shirt-with pocket for the heart monitor) and the Red Sox won HUGELY! He had to get some blood today--evidently, when you are on the machine during the bypass, your blood can be broken down, so he was running a slight temp and the surgeon ordered blood. That worked well, it is all in, and when I left he was sitting in a chair and looking ahead to doing some work on the laptop. Some to be named rock star from my office came by while I was at the hospital and mowed our lawn. I love people who don't act all swarmy but just figure out how they can help and do it. Really--every day I'd drive up and note the lawn, and think--must deal with this, but it was about 15th on my list--how swell to have it completed! SO the Mickelson Trail marathon is tomorrow in my backyard--I was scheduled to do it as my 100th--I ran it in 06 with Dean Karnazes as one of his 50 in 50 days, but it was on a Tuesday, and clearly not the regular race. If you count that, I have already run 100, but if you do not (and the 50 States folks don't), then this would have been 100--it seemed right on to me to do it as my 100th. O well. Life is what happens when you have plans! I'll get to 100 next month. be well everyone, and again, thank you for all your most kind attention and support. A
      Masters 2000 miles
      wildchild

Carolyn

A, thanks! I'd like that. You're one of my heroes.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.