Masters Running

Seattle Rock&Roll marathon, a journey from the heart! (Read 440 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dear posie,

thank you for letting me sneak into the last part of  your Rock'n'Roll.

In 35 years of marathons, I've thought the most joyful miles were the ones with you cheerleading the way at the 2007 Bellingham Bay Marathon and 2008 Seattle Marathon, . . . until this Rock'n'Roll with your son.  He never stopped smiling even as a painful quad needed some of the backwards walking and caution down the hills.  The photos par excellance show it was a wire-to-wire treat for you and dave too. 

DS#1, who is more of a bicyclist than a runner.

I'm thinking a quad cramp/strain is somewhat unusual for runners who mostly get crippled by calf cramps.  As a cyclist, he has strong quads but maybe there's other quad muscles that need a little more time to shiift into running mode. 

The pact: I will train him and we would run the marathon together!

I thought you and dave were way too good of runners for the six hour marathons you planned.

I guess most all of my marathons were about as fast as I could have run under the circumstances of the day.

You proved what a good runner really is. 

At around mile 25 our star said…now…I want to catch up and pass the lady in pink shoes…she has been passing us too many times…

I was already having a hard time keeping up during your running along Aurora Avenue south of the bridge turnaround so I counted DS passing 53 other runners in about three-quarters of a mile before his quad needed some walking again.  I wish your garmiks could have dermined his pace during  some of those last running miles.  i bet it was ten or ten-and-a-half minutes per mile. 

Well, he already signed up for the Light at the End of the Tunnel marathon on July 24th, which I was already scheduled to do!

I think I have a marathon maniac in my hands!

If that's the case, I paying ilene a visit right now.  

you and dive, and francesca too, hurry up too.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

This was great! I love RR with pictures! Your son has an excellent coach and source of inspiration in you, Mariposai! How fun to do this together and have Divechief, Francesca and Tetsujin be a part of it. Way to go on that finishing sprint! Congratulations to your DS, and to you. Looks like you two will have more of these to do together in the future!

simply awesome!!

denise

sucker for bubbles

uhhhroooh....another marathon maniac?   

well done you two and very proud of you!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Nancy - what a great report!  I'm so sorry I missed this race, as it sounds like you had such fun!  Great job pacing your handsome boy to his first marathon, and showing him the joyfull side of running marathons!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Here is my bi-annual posting and what better place to check in than Nancy's sub 4.

You are not just completing anymore, now you are racing.

Craig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

#artbydmcbride

If that's the case, I paying ilene a visit right now.  

you and dive, and francesca too, hurry up too.  

Smile   Blush

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Here is my bi-annual posting and what better place to check in than Nancy's sub 4.

You are not just completing anymore, now you are racing.

Craig

Big grin

somebody needs to re-read the report....

Runners run

evanflein

Big grin

Big grin

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Big grin

I think he's already thinking of the next one.

ps - how was your kayak race?

Did you wear the same swimming suit?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Yes, Nancy's next report will be inspiring!!

No bathing suit for me.  Big grin  The kayak/5k went well, better than last year.

Runners run

Mike E

MM #5615

No bathing suit for me. 

Woo Hoo!