Masters Running

Sunday May 25 Daily! Up and Eating! (Read 39 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, you just called me "Ribe."  Just when I thought we were tight.   Spareribs

I'm telling you, the print just gets smaller every year......

Perch - Switzerland, lovely!  You are right about pictures being harder to put here, at least for me, since Flikr.com changed their website.

Leslie - hang in there, tough grrl!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Bridge repeats and sunrise and then a fantastic pumpernickle bagel for me (w/pesto hummus, so good so good so good [i have a lot of so goods stored in me since the team that usually gets them and shall remain nameless today isn't earning them of late]).

mrrun

GRRR - lost everything I typed

Aamos - your runs are 'so good so good so good' - use it there!

Nice races for Mike & Dave

Holly - nice long one

Ribs - enjoy the 'smell the roses' walks - they're precious

Perch - happy Alps running

Leslie - you're doing super!

marj (hope this one makes it)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I wonder how Europe is because, unless you are wearing some traditional outfit or something weird like that, except for merging with someone your own pace during early morning runs or climbing Mt. Fuji with 10-40,000 other summertime climbers, it is usually very hard to strike up a chat in Japan with complete strangers you'll never see again.

Still alive here, although yesterday I thought Kate was trying to kill us (not really).  Ends up I was completely wrong about where we were going.  Not Cascade Crest, but Capitol Peak.  But given the amount of climbing we did yesterday, I'm sure the difference isn't huge.  We followed most of the 55k course.  Wish I could post a pic of the profile, but I'm on Kate's computer and don't want to download stuff.  Absolutely beautiful course, though.  Lots of mountain bikers, and there was some kind of horse navigation competition going on, so lots of four-legged friends with 2-legged folks on their backs.  Anyway, we made it all the way to the top of Capitol Peak after a l-o-n-g arduous climb.  Slow going at times  . . . at least for Karen and me.  Instead of the scheduled 25, we ran 27.30, so today's run will 12+ instead of 15.  The way my legs are feeling (heavy), I'm wondering how I'll going to feel tomorrow for the 50k in Forest Park.  Lots of up and down.  We'll see!

Leslie - no wonder kate had to trick you into going to Capitol Peaks on the ruse it was only going to be on the 100-mile Cascade Crest Classic route.  A certain ultra runner with a half dozen centuries, said this about Capitol Peaks:  Soooo Steeeeep. Quads and feet HURT a lot more than any of five 100 milers to date.  Thought about dropping every 5 min for 10 hours but somehow I survived.  Need to change the name to Torture Peak/

I went down for the winter version a couple of years ago and a light snow stopped many of our four wheel drives from even getting to the start.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Here's a pic of me and DD at a family picnic yesterday.  Cap and gown pictures coming later!  :-)   I'm so darn proud of that kid.  She's graduating with a degree in Applied Engineering Physics.

WOW--guessing that there were very few basket-weaving courses involved in that major!.  Congratulations!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

That is so here at Carolyn. Congrats to your dd.

Day two at the lake and what a great time  Got a 7 miler with Patrick on farm roads in light rain and now some campfire time. I really needed this even though I didn't know it.

Ribe?  Heh. Autofill gets me too Holly so there.

Some grilled food and another campfire tonight.

Good racing guys and enjoy Europe Tw.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

But wouldn't it be cool to see the basket an engineer would weave?

We're heading home but stopped at a service center off the Ohio Turnpike to use the wifi.  I completely intended to sign up for the VT50...but, all of a sudden, I'm questioning whether I should or not...I guess I'd better make up my dang mind pretty quick.

Oh...Buffalo...3:04:04.  I have no excuses.  I just had nothing left in the tank after mile 20...maybe that's why I'm having second thoughts about running 50...up mountains...

Okay--gotta go.

Mike E

MM #5615

I stopped thinking and just did it...boy has that gotten me in some trouble over the years.

Sayhey! MM#130

I stopped thinking and just did it...boy has that gotten me in some trouble over the years.

1!  LOL

And hiya perch, wish I was there, as do most of us, I bet.*   How's the choklit?

*also a lot of us in RSN.  I bet it's hard to get access to baseball on radio in Switzerland.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

wildchild

Carolyn

Yeah, me too - both on the signing up for VT50 and on getting in trouble!

Here's DD in her cap and gown:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Nice way to do a half, Dave. Enjoy the day and what it has to offer, right? Have a good time with the family visits.

Mike, I think most of us would love to have a 3:04 after "falling apart" at mile 20. Congrats on finishing another. I'm surprised you didn't have NY yet, really.

Nice 20 miler, Holly! As for golfing, hit the damn ball to the flag with the hole under it, ok? I hear that's easier than chasing the balls all over the place. JK, I admire you for doing that. I never could get the hang of golfing...

Perch in Switzerland, Twocat in Brussels, and CNYrunner just got back from Scotland. This IS a well-traveled group! Beautiful pictures, Twocat, and Perchcreek has some gorgeous Switzerland shots on FB.

Congrats, Carolyn! Well, to your DD, I should say. You have every right to be the proud parent, as I'm sure you helped along the way. I love her sandals with the cap and gown....

Our weather here was less than stellar today. Windy as all get out and rainy this morning. Why are we so windy this spring? I don't remember ever dealing with this much wind before. I sure hope it blows itself out soon and we can go back to our normal hardly-ever-windy status. Hmph. But, I figured I could be racing in this stuff so out I went, a little after 1 p.m. No rain, so that seems to have passed through (for now) but a stiff headwind most of the way. I need to find some running routes heading east.... 15.5 miles at a too-fast 8:05 avg pace, with some sub-8's there near the end. I must've wanted to finish. Gets me to 61.3 miles for the week so happy about that. Only need 20 more to hit 200 for May.

Marathon Maniac #957

As for golfing, hit the damn ball to the flag with the hole under it, ok? I hear that's easier than chasing the balls all over the place.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."