Masters Running

Stevie Ray's Portland Marathon Report (Read 484 times)

Roses Revenge

rose - remember YRCM?
    How could I forget! That one is a serious hill!! I had to stop about every 50 to 100 steps because I couldn't take a deep breath without coughing. I'll be back next year to do it when I'm not sick!

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

ANYway. Another Napa question. Do I recall your mentioning the best place to stay??
      No recommendations?
      xor

Sorry. Didn't notice the question; I was overly focused on getting tweaked because I mentioned twice-in-27-years rain and the idea that a hill that gains 150 feet in .5 mile is a challenge. Ooops. The race hotel is a Marriott. Next door is a Hilton Garden Inn. HGI is cheaper and newer... and right next door to the shuttle bus and expo. And pasta dinner, if that floats your boat. Two notes: 1. Every time I've been to Napa, I've gotten hosed by not making dinner reservations. Always make dinner reservations. 2. The race is a point to point. It starts in Calistoga. It ends at the high school in Napa. Shuttles will take you from the Marriott *or* the high school (different shuttles) to the start. Assuming you take the Marriott shuttle, double check that they still do an after-race shuttle from the high school back to the Marriott. I'm 99.9% sure that they do.

Got it, danke!