Masters Running

Sunday 2-15-15: revenge of the geta on Konpira 1,368 stairs five times (13,680) (Read 37 times)

mrrun

I never thought I would say this but I wish we had the weather evanflein is supposed to get! 

+1

shoveled out the car and then we went for a walk.  only saw 2 runners on  beacon st - unheard of this close to Boston.  having missed the last few storms, we sort of enjoyed this one plus, our taxes are now ready for the accountant.  my DS and family got out on Saturday night and are now posting pictures from London.

congrats tet and dave on your crazy races.

my only use for bourbon is in bourbon sweet potatoes!

evanflein

I never thought I would say this but I wish we had the weather evanflein is supposed to get! 

stumpy77 with the weather being what it is I am becoming a fan of the TM!

Ha! Now there's TWO things I never thought I'd hear you say!   See? Given the right conditions (or is that the wrong conditions), the TM can start to look pretty good!

But, I'm glad we're getting a break from the cold, even if it means you guys are shivering for a bit. We're by no means done with winter, but a week in the upper 20's and low 30's looks pretty darn good. As long as we don't get freezing rain (a possibility by some forecasts for later in the week). It would figure that THAT would be the forecast they get right. But, at least it's better than getting it in November!

Holly, good for you on doing the Bourbon Trail thing with DH. I'd be sorely tempted to find a reason to skip it. Not into bourbon, whisky or any of that stuff. But like you said, it was interesting and you learned a lot, so good stuff! And I realize KY isn't a really big state population-wise, but that's a lotta barrels!

Hang in there folks, as Holly likes to say it's only two weeks till March, right? You'll start thawing and melting (and hopefully not flooding!) and we'll still have a few weeks of deep freeze possible. But right now, it's heading into mid-teens and I'm about to go for a run!

SteveP

I wondered about races Dave59.

MS, Tag and I use "Musher's Secret". It's non staining. The only side affect is your dog may become a jerk.

DW and I had a weekend getaway. Ate too much and didn't venture far from the hotel as the 45 mph winds had the roads snow choked as fast as the crews cleared them. When we got home, we got the dog out for a couple of miles.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - It wasn't really about the bourbon, just a fun outing with good friends, something different.

My SIL in southern California emailed us a video of her kids playing in their pool in the sunshine.  Right now it is 6 degrees here.  I am finding it difficult to say something nice.  People in sunny climes sometimes like to rub it in, but at this time of year I am less resilient about it.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."