Masters Running

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon 2016 (Read 51 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

That is so generous of you Jlynne.  I get in Friday late afternoon.  Please feel free to assign me a task and of course I'm in for the clean-up part.

Looking forward to it!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

I've been doing this for 4 or 5 years now and I haven't killed anyone yet!

Be careful Amy!  There's always a first.

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Jlynne's hospitality was awesome when we ran the half several years ago -  of course that was the half & marathon that got cancelled mid-way because they local hospitals couldn't handle the sick runners -- overcome with heat and humidity.  wish we could be there, but it's not an easy flight for us

Be careful Amy!  There's always a first.

Yeah, wish you were running this year Mike. I make REALLY special food for my friends from Minnesota

Come on Marj and Henry! How about a road trip?! If you can run Boston on minimal training, there's still room in both the marathon and half marathon here. The Cellcom has a new race director - her first year. She can't cancel the race her maiden run, right???

Thanks for offering clean-up help Aamos but guests are special. I have a DH and kids to help me with that...

Yeah, wish you were running this year Mike. I make REALLY special food for my friends from Minnesota

Come on Marj and Henry! How about a road trip?! If you can run Boston on minimal training, there's still room in both the marathon and half marathon here. The Cellcom has a new race director - her first year. She can't cancel the race her maiden run, right???

Thanks for offering clean-up help Aamos but guests are special. I have a DH and kids to help me with that...

Thank you so much for hosting the pasta falooza party.   I would love to bring something or help too. It will be such fun to meet you and your family.  Seriously, let us know what we can bring!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Sayhey! MM#130

Bring stuff.  We who are staying at Packer Central HQ will happily pack up any unwanted leftovers so we can pack 'em in before the marathon.

--> insert cheesehead hat on emoji.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Just bumping this thread up to see how everyone's training is going. And since everyone has two "sleeps" before race day, I'm assuming some of you may want to imbibe in an alcoholic beverage if/when you come to my little pre-race gathering on Friday night  I know what Slo likes, and I have Spotted Cow on my shopping list. Anyone else have special needs or requests? And I'm real sorry, but pot is still illegal in Wisconsin!

Marathon Maniac #957

And I'm real sorry, but pot is still illegal in Wisconsin!

Well, darn it!

Just kidding....

Jeannie since I am driving, I will probably bring some lite beer of some sort (hydrating, you know) and a bottle of wine to add to the mix.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

We'll be driving too, just let me know what you might still need!

Jlynne, thanks again for hosting the pastapalooza. I will bring some veggies and dip and maybe brownies.  MrStarr and I don't drink alcohol anymore but will bring some non-alcoholic beverages.  There is a vineyard just south of town so I may bring some wine to the party to share.  I know Erika and Amy enjoy wine.

My training for the half is coming along, slowly but surely.  I can't believe this race is less than 2 weeks away now.  Busy, busy times between now and then.  Stay healthy everyone. Sooooo,,,,,, looking forward to this!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Just checking in to see everyone's ETA next weekend. I'm planning a Friday get-together at my house, beginning at 5:30 but will be excited to see all of you, no matter what time you get in! It should hopefully be a great turnout of folks with good weather. Can y'all just let me know your tentative plans so I can get some kind of a head count? And if anyone needs help with stuff, I'm your girl.

All leftover food will be donated to the "official" party house for the rest of the weekend

The weather here is brutal this weekend. It was 41° with 20 mph winds this morning and it's supposed to get below freezing tonight. The good news is there's a warm-up coming next week, and the extended forecast for Sunday looks pretty good, if a tad on the warm side.

Good luck with your last week of training everyone!

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne - Google says it is an 8 hour drive for me, so if I get out the door by 8am, with stops for gas and food and pottie, I expect to get there somewhere around 5pm if I don't hit too much traffic, maybe earlier if I get out the door sooner.  I want to stop at the house first, and then will come over.  Can you message me your address and cell no/

Jlynne - Google says it is an 8 hour drive for me, so if I get out the door by 8am, with stops for gas and food and pottie, I expect to get there somewhere around 5pm if I don't hit too much traffic, maybe earlier if I get out the door sooner.  I want to stop at the house first, and then will come over.  Can you message me your address and cell no/

Jlynne, this sounds like my plan too, maybe only 7 1/2 hours from here. MrStarr is coming with me too, although I think he is having second thoughts about the drive. We are staying at a hotel so will check in there first.

Bumping this up. I'm going to do a "drive by" past your rental house after work today Holly. Just want to make sure it's in tip-top shape for your arrival on Friday   This should be a 3 or 4 block walk to the start of the race. I'll confirm that later on today....