Masters Running

mucho felicitaciones Marathon Maniac #1109 (Read 299 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

felicitaciones mariposai - lookin' forward to the joyous details ETA - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/Post/e347dc0fec1d4c25ac853f715adad32a#focus -barefoot jon (#209)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Congratulations!!!! Smile Francesca MM#985
        Gorgeous!! I had no idea you were thinking about this. Congratulations Butterfly princess!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

Gorgeous!! I had no idea you were thinking about this.!
          I was not thinking about this...it JUST happened unbeknown to me. I always thought one had to run three marathons in three months to become a maniac. I just happen to run two races in two week, which was a qualifier also. Now I know Wink What next? Rest, rest, rest. I have covered so many miles without any major injury in the last three years since I started doing long distance running and now is the time to rest to allow the body to recover and then go at it again.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Well, congratulations, I guess. Smile As long as you don't hurt yourself. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
            TammyinGP

I also did know 2 in 2 wks qualified - I thought the magic number was 3. Congratulations Mari!! You ran two wonderful races and I'm glad to hear that now you are going to rest!

Tammy

evanflein

Welcome to the fold! It was only a matter of time. Congratulations!! --evanflein, MM685
                  I don't know the specifics but have been aware that there are a number of ways one can qualify to be a Marathon Maniac. Anyone who qualifies is an amazing runner whichever of the ways they use. Congratulations, Mariposai. TomS

Maniac 505

welcome to the asylum, You earned it Dave, MM505
                    arf

MM #405

We HAVE to drink to this! Wink Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Congratulations, and big hugs. arf MM405

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

We HAVE to drink to this! Wink
                        maybe some Irish coffee at that Pink Place by dive`s waterfront condo. <>tutu/tutu/tutu/tutu)>>> tom, the hot link below has all the levels ranging from 3 marathons in three months or the two in two weeks that mariposai did (and evanika did with Equinox/Bellingham last year, . . . with mariposai as her chief cheerleader, and francesca did in May with her 50-miler/100K) to the aamos/srlopez ten-star titanium level 30 marathons in 30 states/provinces/countries in 365 days (also 50 anywhere or 20 all in different countries). It just makes it even better that neither mariposai nor evanika or francesca had any idea they were becoming certified. http://marathonmaniacs.com/criteria.html

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Sweet deal Mariposai!!!!!!!

SteveP