Masters Running

The cross training - master gardeners thread! (Read 496 times)

Prince of Fatness

I just came back from being on vacation for a week and almost all of my potato plants are flowering.  I have to pull some weeds today so I'll try to get a picture.  By the end of June I should be able to start digging up some of the plants.  Yum!  I noticed a few flowers on the tomato plants as well but I am still a long way away from harvesting any of them.

Not at it at all. 

Mariposai

First harvest of arugula last night. I made this simple arugula, linguine dish last night, which was complimented with a collard, mushroom, asparagus saute. Yummie. Simple abundance! The best in life!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Prince of Fatness

Best I could do with my crappy phone.  Tomatoes in foreground.  Potatoes in the back.  I will plant some squash and beans in the near future.  It's hard to make out the flowers on the potatoes, but they are there.

Not at it at all. 

Mariposai

I am sure having fun harvesting the different greens in my garden. The peas are going crazy with the warm weather. Since this is the first year I have planted peas I am very excited about this huge success. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

that's alot of peas Nancy! They look great!

I'm still picking peas and lettuce and normally we would be so hot that those veggies would be all done by now. But we've had a cooler summer, so they are getting a late start. I grow the sugar snap peas, where you can just eat the whole pod. It's one of the few veggies that David will just munch on whenever, so I love having those around. I have picked one zucchini so far but a couple others are about ready Lots of green tomatos on my plants and hopefully we'll get a nice stretch of hot weather soon so they can start to grow more and ripen. Beans are loaded with flowers, so I'm anxious for fresh green beans too.

Tammy

Prince of Fatness

My potatoes are mostly ready to dig up but other than that I have been a slacker getting other plants in.  I have some tomato plants, and have been getting some ripe grape ones.  The big yellow ones are still not ready yet (lots of green ones though).  I planted some pumpkins, hopefully not too late, and some zucchini.  I need to get some more squash in so I can have an early fall crop.  I have seeds .... just need to find time to plant them.

This weekend I will use some potatoes from my garden and brew a cream ale with them.  Should be interesting.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Brewed my beer, and dug up some potatoes.  Dinner for 4 .....

Not at it at all.