Masters Running

Friday 14 daily thread/Tramps and Stumpy's weekend!!! (Read 38 times)

C-R

Ribs! I know I am not particularly memorable, but wow! I read your list several times and know it's not my vision that's the issue! :-P

I'm in a group with Karin. That's a step up for me.

Congrats to your son Ribs. Free college is a nice safety valve even if its Tuscaloosa. Btw Dreamland BBQ. Just saying.

Ran 5 easy today. Actually trying to save my legs for tomorrow's XC IN masters championship. Hah. Shipping boys off to a retreat this weekend. I bet you could all hear the howls of indignation but its good for them. DW is having dinner with some horse riding friends so I M taking DD out for dinner. It will be nice to hear the teen stories

cheers  .

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

mrrun

Ran 3+ in the afternoon after lots of walking earlier in the day.  Tomorrow off to GD3 for her bday party - 2 years!

Ribs - don't understand your list - congrats to your son

Good luck racers and have a great w/e all!

marj

Sayhey! MM#130

Have a suuper time, if you read this Jay  (and hope yo have a greta time even if you don't read this.)

I've met tet and Karin!!!   And I remember them and having met them.  We've even run some of the same races.

I've run Richmond, and I'd do it again!  Just going to Philly next week...so following our boyz from afar.

Congrats on the Crimson Tide ride!  (gotta go play some Steely Dan now--Deacon Blue)

Beautiful running weather here.  3+warm-up miles last night, then a 6+ tempo run with Speedsters at 8:20 pace for 10+ total.  & more this am at just under 9 minute pace.  I'm loving it; haven't decided what to do tomorrow.  Think I have a date Sunday to do 10 and the bridge, mayhaps.  It's gonna be greta.

Also got an offer for spring training tickets today from my friend who gets season tickets and shares the wealth with some of the rest of us.  I am sure you do not need to ask "what team?" even tho several train in the area and more than one right here in the old city.  Right Kev??

Super weekends, everyone!

grins,

A

ps: have to go back and read yesterday's postings as it's been crazy busy lately--just now packing up at work.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Maybe I didn't say it right, but the list was made very early in my years on CR, way before I met most of you here. In fact, I think it was put together right after I ran the Omaha Marathon and Boston in '02. And yes, I certainly do remember meeting Marge, CNY, Twocat, Roach, C-R and all you other complainers!  Now all of you quit bullying me!  Spareribs

Mike E

MM #5615

Just popping in to say good luck to Stumpy and Tramps tomorrow!  Got get it!  And have fun!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Probably more people than you know know you, know you.
              You know, I know I know you better than some people I know.

Aamos

Nowor

DaveinAA

gracie02

RunningSmarter  (we know her as Amy Stryker!)

Rose colored glasses

Rocket Scientist

rdracing

jjchaney

SkipAZ

arf

busyman

mrsribs

Prime Rib

Spare Tire

breger1

wa5yom

selb3  (tselbs kid brother)

Chipster

TomD

Starr

rtravers

TheProFromDover

tnally

Econo

hally

littlerockgm

mm1928

munchkn883

Tim Hanke

Meg

Glidegal

Redraiderrunner

MrC

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Looking at Spareribs' list makes me wonder what happened to those who are missing from the list.

BTW, congrats to your son for a full ride. College is so expensive. Paul and I measure our lives pre-college and during college. We still have 2 more years to go before we can start talking about life after putting our two sons through college.

Go Tramps, go Stumpy and go other racers!!!!

We are still dealing with the arctic wind and cold here, so another night at the gym for me. 5 TM miles of hills and some weight training after the run. Then I went to a fondue and clam chowder party where I consumed more calories than I burned at the gym tonight.

Cheers,

Mariposai

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

6.3 hilly miles today in beautiful clear sunny skies and upper teens temps. Much warmer than it should be for this time of year!

Maybe I didn't say it right, but the list was made very early in my years on CR, way before I met most of you here. In fact, I think it was put together right after I ran the Omaha Marathon and Boston in '02. And yes, I certainly do remember meeting Marge, CNY, Twocat, Roach, C-R and all you other complainers!  Now all of you quit bullying me!  Spareribs

Waaaah - I'm not on your list! I had the pleasure of meeting you when you ran Twin Cities and received your Medtronics award. I must have made a really good impression  Congrats to your DS Ribs. You may have posted, but which school is at the top of his list?

Nice pic of Tramps and Kevin. Good luck this weekend!