Masters Running

Sunday Funday 03 December 2023 (Read 36 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet- I have a pair of super-crutches that are sort of spring loaded and have an ergonomic padded shoulder and hand grip, but they are too short for Ken.

KSA - rats, I should have been using your ergonomic & spring loadeds for my last couple of marathons. In the meantime, I'm practicing on an aluminum OTC pair.

Holly - Though Dr. Botch did successfully transplant the left cornea, he "forgot" to include a pain killer in with all the five different eye drop concoctions he had me picked up at the hospital pharmacy for taking at different intervals to keep my eyes comfortable.  Unfortunately, I was is so much writhing pain all night that I completely forgot whether my eyes were comfortable or not.  At the post-op appointment, he admitted there were calcium deposits that would necessitate another appointment redoing the left eye instead of scheduling the cornea and cataracts in the right eye right away but, after he left us sitting for twenty minutes in one waiting for the next appointment information and clarification while he played musical examination rooms with patients in the other rooms, we left without further ado but I wish I'd've filed an official molligrant at the time. How did yours work out?

I love the Rose Bowl especially when  Washington has played Michigan over the years but it's Michigan vs. Alabama in this year's so Washington'll have to win over Texas and Michigan win too to meet again, this time a dream game (for me) in the national championship game on January 8, 2024.  I hope so.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

And by the way, do you want an example of how great a group of people we have here (as if you needed it)? I noted that when Carolyn was in Sarasota a few weeks back it was because her DH was having a similar procedure for the same BPH condition that I'm getting treated for. I contacted her and she put me in touch with her DH, who was nice enough to share a number of details mainly on his post-op experience. He gave me some good tips on supplies to have on hand, etc., and alleviated some of my anxiety about what to expect. And all this from a couple who I've never met IRL but am very grateful to.

I so agree with Rochrunner in that we have such an awesome community here.

I have been away for a while, due to budget time for the agency and other work related long hours taxing daily activities.

RCG, cool avatar.

Holly, it always feel so cool to have our kids pay for our restaurant bills Smile. Happy birthday to your DH.

We got snow around here non stop for the last three days. Very little running for me, but I did get a lot of my year end planning for work done.

Today was 6 miles on slippery, deep snow conditions. Being outside for an hour and a half gave me great joy. I don't know how much fitness I gained from the experience, but I sure got a lot fresh air.

Cheers to the coming week for us all.

Deez, how was your visit with your son? I pray for your daily dear sister.

Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

If we feel like we aren't be heard, we rephrase the question or ask nicely if the provider thinks a different healthcare professional would be appropriate

Bingo!

Leslie - Sorry to hear a key person put in a two-week notice.

I'm not huge on giving stuff to have and to hold.  When I do, I very much apply myself to get locally.  There was a news story about yet another niche, brick and mortar store closing its doors.

Fleet Feet has opened a store about 3 miles from me (other one was about 10) and today is the grand opening with give-aways etc.  We'll drop by.  I know most of the staff and owner.  It's a great store, really.  She even carries Rabbit!

They bought our local running store.  I felt like I was an interference the last time I was there. The two staffers rushed people out and locked the doors before the posted closing time.  I'm going to shop for a new store before I go there again.

Holly - I love the pictures of the church.  I hope the back pain eases.  Well done on the Roadhouse.

Jay - Can you get Yak-Trax for your crutches?  I'm sure ice and snow have crossed your mind.

DW and I made beef pot pie.

JLynne - DS tested his Christmas lights, put them up on the house, only to have a clunker anyway.

Stumpy - here's to doing more fun stuff!!!!

I got most of my "to-do" list done over the weekend.  Getting bulbs in before the ground freezes it starting tick me off.  There always seems to an adult child crisis and we're asked to watch grandkids.

I had a volunteer gig Sunday.  Breakfast With Santa.

We had to get out more tables and chairs!  Which is a good thing.

Guess whose granddaughter this is.

I stayed an additional hour for clean-up.  It was only me, Santa and the organizer of the gig.

I stopped at MILS's after.  She's getting a new mechanical bed and carpet in her bedroom.

I'm glad I did.  There is a huge oak bedroom set.  DW and tow SIL's were dreading having to move it.  I took it apart in three sections.  It was still heavy.  MIL did not have some of her personal/intimate items sufficiently tucked away and her daughters are traumatized.

I came home, made the beef pot pie and put-up DW's nativity set in the dark.

SteveP

Dave59

SteveP - I shopped at the Fleet Feet in Traverse City during my last visit. I got pretty good service and bought new shoes, gloves, and water bottle. They had Rabbit stuff there and I thought of KSA, but I didn't get anything. My bill was already high enough by the time I saw it.

Rest day for me on Sunday.

7.32 miles on Saturday. I went to a park where we used to live for a change of pace. It had been turned into one of those drive thru Christmas light shows. It was still dark when I got there and the lights were all on so I had an interesting first mile or so until the sun came up. I got to run through tunnels of lights.