Masters Running

Friday, the Ides of August (Read 34 times)

Dave59 and everyone else here, if you really want to run in your sleep I highly recommend a relay race like the Reach the Beach Relay.  Just by coincidence the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club has an opening due to an injury on our squad!  Yes, by joining you too can ride in a van at super slow speeds for 30 hours and run in the dark.  You also get to run once while wide awake in daylight and once punch drunk with sleep deprived fatigue in the daylight.  Best of all it is a blast!  If you want to join up this is your big chance just send me a message here on RA!

Today was a non-running day for me.  Zip.  No 20 mile runs like Holly S..  Tomorrow though is the next race in the local crazy distance series and comes in at 8.4 miles.  It is actually my favorite course since I can walk to the starting line and home from the finish!  Plus it is a route I run a lot.  Tomorrow's weather here in CT is supposed to be ideal for racing so it should bring in a big field of runners.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Speaking of perfect weather...I complained so much about last winter's weather that I really should give Mother Nature some credi for a perfect summer, so far.  We could, probably, use some more rain...but I ain't complainin'.

No run today.  I ran last night after a church meeting.  I just did a 1 mile warm up, then went 3 miles in 20:17, then another mile cool down for a total of 5 miles in 35:40.

Tomorrow, is the first Saturday with the high school cross country team.  I need to get in 4 hours, so I'm thinking I'll get in 3 hours before, then let them fire me up for the last hour.  Then, we'll all go to breakfast at one of their houses...if I'm still able to walk...

Okay--that's all I've got time for--DW is looking for me...it's hard to hide from that woman.

I too love Jay's recaps and depend on them when days get busy, like this week.

Awesome 10k in the Senior games ATrackRat. I may just be there for the nationals next summer to see you and MikeE compete.

Amy - have fun with your old chums out in the hills. Is the course mostly downhill?  To bad Ribs made a date with the guys.

Slo- that is quite an undertaking to get the trails back in shape. What an asset to your town.

Dave, I know That I could not run a half at 9pm but go for it!

Well, I am gradually getting into shape to run my half in 3 weeks.  I had a great tempo run on Tuesday night. Ran the lake at a record pace for me Then headed over to my sis-in-law's to get a class reunion mailing ready. We worked till 10:15 but got it done. Out of 315 classmates you would think others would want to help.  Sometimes it is easier to just do it yourself.  So far the only planning I have done for this event is deciding what to wear! I have been so tired this week but got out tonight for a slow run and will do 10 miles on Sunday.  I might look for some new running shoes in Sioux Falls tomorrow. I have always worn Brooks Adrenaline but want to try Asics.

Fleet feet and fast times for all those racing this weekend!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I am thinking of taking your dare.  I will decide tomorrow evening at check in time.

Dave - no particular reason but be sure to hit the hay as early as possible tonight and get a good night’s sleep so you can stay up late tomorrow evening in case something comes up.

ps starr - you can run but you can't hide.

I know you're a midnight runner.

Did you ever do the swim with it?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Wednesday evening I went to the cemetery in a light rain to do some weed whacking, and discovered a ground bees' nest, shortly after they discovered me.  They didn't like me swinging my ol' fashioned weed whacker in their general direction, or stepping on their nest.....

In running to the car to escape the growing angry (though somewhat drowsy) swarm, I think I pulled my tight hamstring.

Ouch!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."