Masters Running

totaly non running related but I think my friends food truck idea is kind of cool. (Read 34 times)

Maniac 505

I don't know if anyone has heard of kickstart.  I hadn't,  I think it is kind of cool. My friend made his goal so he is in!!  this is NOT a solicitation of funds.  (I thought about posting this earlier, but I didn't want to look like I was trying to hit anyone up).

He has done an amazing amount of work on this.  He contacted Kickstart with a proposal that he estimated he needed $14,000 in outside funding for professional help to finish this project.  Kickstart is an all or nothing deal.  If you raise your goal and you get the money,  if you fall short you get nothing.

He reached his goal today to complete an antique fire truck converted to a mobile wood fired Pizza oven.

auto Pompa wood fired pizza

I look forward to seeing this around the new Seattle food truck scene.

Send him to the U District and the Queen Anne Farmers Market.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

nice dave.

does he deliver to ultra sites?

pizza is a dinner time staple at some of them such as last weekend's Pigtails Challenges.

I think I know of some birthday parties in July that might be interested too. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

What a great idea!  And the pizza looks delicious!  I hope he does well with this.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Genius!  Does it pump out beer, too?

Maniac 505

Genius!  Does it pump out beer, too?

Funny you should ask Mike.  When I last worked with Jim maybe 4 months or so ago I had just started brewing beer (1 to 2 gallons at a time in my condo)  His wife is Gluten free and he hopes to having a gluten free Pizza as an option.  We looked up some gluten free beer recipes (most sound pretty bad)  we looked into legalities of brewing for sale (pretty daunting)  but Washington and Oregon have hundreds of Micro and Nano brewery's.  If he can figure it out a recipe, he can probably find someone to brew a "house" beer under contract , but that is WAY down the road.

On a side note,  the guy that originally restored this firetruck is a Washington State Ferry Chief engineer who retired maybe 15 years ago.  He has an amazing auto restoration shop.   He typically does a ground up restoration, drives the car for 6 months or so, flips it and starts over.