Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 11.19.14 (Read 34 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

stumpy77 that polar vortex is pretty mean!  Besides long pants I suspect you will need a shirt and jacket.

Naturally, with January weather in full force here the heat in the master bedroom died last night!  What timing!  The HVAC maintenance firm came by a bit after 12 noon today and got it fixed.  I hope the fix is long term.  When I woke up this morning the bedroom was just 54°. We do not have the heat up all that high at night, but it is higher than 54!

it was so cold that I decided I needed an extra hour of sleep.   That's what our bedroom was, too, but actually pretty close to normal.  at least in December.  But both DW and I like to be snuggled under flannel sheets and fleece.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

''chisel the dog off a lamp post''............I love it......

=============

well, am forwarding info to a potential buyer for my store..........

funny how The Ego gets involved when you have to justify 30-years of business.

ironcially,

I was thinking of which independently owned store in town I would GIVE the business to, .when the call came in

>>>>>>>tet ain't the Only Old Hippie around here<<<<<<<<

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

deez4boyz all right somebody explain to me why women take so long to pack?    I manage that feat in about an hour tops, really tops.  What are you all thinking, doing for all that time?  My DW is the same way.  We have a trip coming up and she plans to start packing nearly a week in advance!  A week!!    I do not get it.

Twocat - are you really sure you want an answer to that question?????

Feeling a little less freaked out -- have everything lined up ready to go in my bags.   I mostly want to make sure I have what I want for my Isagenix nutrition, contacts and glasses, and my running clothes, sneakers, fuel belt etc -- don't want to have to buy something new to run a marathon in!!

No run today - rest day, and boy did that hot tub feel great last night!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, I'm glad to hear you found a place in Charlevoix.  Are Renee and Tara thinking of joining you?  I'd love to go for the RA gathering, but would so much rather run trails!  And there are so many races listed on ultrasignup that I want to do next summer...    Speaking of which, have you picked a 50k or 50 miler for your 50th birthday in March?

We've loaded up the van and the dogs and have started on a road trip to the southwest, to escape the cold.  Normally we'll be sleeping in the van, but one day's driving has not brought us to warm weather yet, so we're at a motel in Las Vegas, New Mexico.  Between the cold wind at home and the long day driving today, I haven't run since Sunday, but I hope I can run sometime soon!

Happy trails, everyone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

well, am forwarding info to a potential buyer for my store..........

funny how The Ego gets involved when you have to justify 30-years of business.ironcially,

I was thinking of which independently owned store in town I would GIVE the business to, .

when the call came in

>>>>>>>tet ain't the Only Old Hippie around here<<<<<<<<

Tom - kind of like running, or doing anything, for 30-plus years and, then, all-of-a-sudden, having to admit you can't much anymore. However, you’ll get more money if you include yourself in the sale of your pharmacy, . . . just do like my GS does: when it happens, just say, “just joking.”   Are you gunna go somewhere warm?
            Me too sal. It actually wasn’t that bad all bundled up once in the windless minus 36 below I experienced in erika-land in those days.  However, cold/cold, damp/damp air in a stiff breeze boring right into the bone made for my PR cold when I was one of the few spectators to venture out at plus 15-degrees in February 1980 to watch the Olympic Torch coming through Arlington, Virginia.  In fact, there were so few spectators, I did something totally stupid quite unlike me and ran out alongside the torchbearer for a while and then asked if I could carry it a little ways too.  She was so cold and willing handed it to me for a couple of blocks, . . . until the handler looked back from the torch van and motioned me to move back to the curb.  I still amazed, and grateful, I didn’t slip and fall down.

Have a happy SW vacation wildchild.  Any barefoot beaches on the agenda

twocat - you could add tossing water out the window to watch it crystalize or plastic bags breaking when they're dropped, . . . but it's true.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

the heat in the master bedroom died last night!  

Is your house so big that you have individual furnaces for each room? 

Deez - good luck!

Carolyn - enjoy your road trip!  I am curious to hear about your travels.

Tom - I hope you find a buyer that gives you a good price.

Tet - very cool story.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."