Masters Running

40's on the run......and the Olympics continue! (Read 410 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Hi all, just popping in... Salty - best wishes for good results on your surgery and a speedy recovery...and good luck at work, I'm so sorry to hear that you have a negative work atmosphere to deal with Kelly - enjoy a little freedom from work if you can! Cindy - you're always so great to your family members...and don't forget to take care of yourself, too (hug) Jewels - hope things are ok down there Joe - you are a mileage monster! Leslie - first margaritas, now brownies....yum...good thing we're all running! There's a video on florunning showing an interview with Deena about 24 hrs after the marathon...she is such a trooper and has such a great attitude, but she was still a little teary and so was I ...what a bummer... Cry Here's the link if anyone's intersted, bring your kleenex: http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234057/72227-deena-kastor-after-marathon-injury Just trying to stay abreast of work, it's a big year for our campus and department (read: extra administrative tasks for everyone), and still get a reasonable amount of running in. That being said, I have some fun "news" (puffs up chest to brag): my on-again/mostly off running partner is one of these never works out types who runs for a few weeks and does a HM. I hate her, I really do. She's just naturally athletic and only 28. We trained together for a HM 2 or 3 years ago when I was a total newbie and she was constantly slowing down for huffing, puffing, miserable me. Well, fast forward to yesterday and HA! This time I could hear her breathing, I was just cruising, breathing about like I was sitting down, and lemme tell ya it was SWEET! Take THAT, you youngun'! So all these miles have paid off in yet another way. Damn...now I've gone and bragged. I'll probably pull a muscle tomorrow. Black eye Take care everyone, Arla

Ex runner

Hi 40's -- Saturday...looks like a day of painting ahead. Taking a day off after yesteday's sucky run. Leslie -- great job making the best out of the situation w/ the treadmill. 1.5 hours is a LONG time in treadmill time! Joe -- work re-entry...always hard. And what's with this 50 mpw slacking Wink Kelly -- glad you were able to make the work decision on your terms. Sometimes it's just time to move on. I left a job 1.5 years ago after 8 yrs. there. Seemed like a HUGE decision at the time, but I've never regretted it. Betting you won't either. Arla -- you gotta stop messing w/ those 28 year old egos...they are fragile Big grin May run to my client's house tomorrow morning....lots of hills...5 miles out. Will see how the butt, hammie, back is feeling. Later...khaki eggshell enamel calls!
      Progress Trumps Pefection

flatland mountaineer

4.1 slooow miles, still a little residual soreness but 'bout gone now. Smile 58 deg, no wind, high clouds. Skipped my fri run to try and get our work caught up so we can go to Estes before the big fall harvest wheat planting starts. Gotta run one more field to spray before we take off catch up with ya later. c yas

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III