Masters Running

Friday Feb. 6 Take-it-Easy Runs (or not) (Read 437 times)

Mariposai

Good luck Holly and DH. Is taper boy back to the western society? 6 miles in the early morning on fresh fallen snow. It is going to be a busy day giving a workshop for 6 long hours. Who is going to have the beer cold for me when I return?.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

Sending god vibes to you and your husband Holly.
      Karin, now that really covers all the bases Wink Smile Very nice to see you here at RA...you are a beloved and special Gal here!!! TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Who is going to have the beer cold for me when I return?.
        I've got cold beer any time you're in the area...
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          Whoops...good catch Tim. I thought you were busy at work! If only I had such vibes power anyway. Tongue
          xor

SRL food on the telly. As we used to say, snork. Penguin too obscure for me. Continued good wished for your dad.
            Oddly, snork has become 'snerk'. One wonders about the change. Look! What's that on the tele? A penguin. A Monty Python reference. My dad's surgery is scheduled for a week from today IF he gets over the cold he has. Woohoo. I will run 6-10 miles later today depending on the thickness of our rain.

Holly, hope everything goes well for your dh today. I understand his desire that you not run - maybe you will be able to get in some TM miles later while he sleeps. Mary and Peter, hope you guys are feeling better soon. 5 easy miles this morning at 8:10 avg. pace. Legs felt pretty tired after yesterday's medium long run. I am going to try to run long tomorrow and hopefully in shorts.

Once a runner . . .

Tramps

Look! What's that on the tele? A penguin.
                Careful; if it lays an egg it might fall down the back of the television set. Unless it's a male. ETA: Sometimes it worries me that I can't remember the names of people I met this morning, but I remember stuff like this from my adolescence. Roll eyes Best wishes to all the walking (or not) wounded. Good luck to Holly's, DH. Running later...I hope.

Be safe. Be kind.

saying prayers for Holly and Teresa's DH's today try to read thru the dailies -- i really miss running.......starting Monday my plan is to get back to regular walking (i tried last monday but was still too tired and sore - today i am 3 weeks post-op so should be getting better) and back to seriously healthy eating so when the 6 weeks is up i'll be ready to run!! have a great weekend friends!!

denise

dg.

Oddly, snork has become 'snerk'. One wonders about the change. Look! What's that on the tele? A penguin. A Monty Python reference. My dad's surgery is scheduled for a week from today IF he gets over the cold he has. Woohoo. I will run 6-10 miles later today depending on the thickness of our rain.
                    snerk? Woohoo.... Now how did I miss that?? They're not from a temperate zone. I keep imaging a 'rain thickness' report on the Weather Channel... Tramps, me too, usually. In case anyone else is as backward as I am... http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/penguin.htm Mary, get better. (((Sue)))
                    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tramps--I'd say welcome to middle age, but that's the way my mind has always worked. I call myself a cesspool of knowledge. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi dg! Holly, best to DH--what books do you have? Tramps--how's this, I forget what my clients look like some of the time (when they come in for an appt. a few weeks before court) so before a court session begins, I have to stand and scan the audience <squinting> and hoping perhaps they will approach me. I used to feel really bad about this until, when covering files for some of my colleagues, saw that they jotted down distinguishing features in their initial interview notes. ................and we 12 PDs closed 5,500 cases last year. Shocked Best to Sr. Lopez the first, we'll be thinking of him. Heal up, deez! Gym day here, except if I have time, may just have to do a couple as it's warm Cool here again. Wish they could be easy AND 8:10s like Meg's ! Mari, I'm thinking a dry rose'. Say, ever made spaghetti carbonara? Got a good recipe (or Franc, feel free to give up one of yours, I'm sure you have one, no?) grins, A ps: Hiya arf and dive. Thanks for all your good wishes. Frank is showing some arthritis in his right hind leg but we have him on green lipped sea mussels (isn't that a hoot?) and he was trying to run squirrels up trees this am. He's "working" today--D. has northern outreach in Spearfish and Sturgis, so Frank gets to ride along.</squinting>
                        Masters 2000 miles

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'm going to an animal rescue shelter at lunch time with a co-worker to help her find a young dog to adopt. Heaven help me ......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I am at a conference in Utah at the moment. They are on a break and most of the people have headed out to ski. Well, since I cannot ski (see: leg malfunction) I am borrowing a friend's office to work. Which I really have to do as I am really far behind everything I need to do. Well, you have to take what good comes out of things . . . biketm it sounds like your recovery is progressing steadily! It is really nice to see. Mariposai happy to join you! After a 6 hour lecture you are going to need a case. Tongue Could you order me a stout or porter if I am late? Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Well this day has been a tough one at work so far. I'm working on many problems and I caused none of them. But I guess I should just shut up and not complain ... I ran 7 miles this morning in 58 minutes with 3 miles in the middle at Tempo. I was targetting 7:44/mile but the Garmin decided to lose satellite signal (again) right in the middle. Grrrr. The 1st Tempo mile was logged at 7:53. I'm certain I ran the last 2 miles faster, so I'm claiming this workout as being perfectly run. Cool Good luck to Holly and her DH. Teresa too ... Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Holly - hope all goes well with DH. I've been so busy at work that I haven't posted in about a week. On Saturday, I was going to do 15 miles. Part way through the run, I realized it was the 15th anniversary of the coors light can toss into the brook incident. So I decided to go 20 instead. (I'd put a smiley face here if I ever used emoticons). This week - some fizzy lifting, 3 spin cycles, and 11 miles (yesterday) whilst watching One Crazy Summer (never saw it before). That movie really captured the essence of the 80's. Next week, our spin class instructor is having a race day. We're supposed to wear our biker colors. don't have any biker clothes, so I'll either go as the jester or the Turkeynator. There's only a 1% chance that I'll show up at the gym as the Nutty Cracker Fairie". Tramps - did you shampoo your hair this morning?