Masters Running

Sunday Must Be A Fun Day--4-17-16 (Read 30 times)

So excited for Boston tomorrow. It sounds like a fun time for all and good races for Stumpy & Amy at Watertown.

OK, Erika and Enke…. Just when I thought I was getting somewhere in my long runs I find out I am still coming up short.  Oh well, they are long for me!  Erika, don’t you just love to run by the water. It keeps me focused since I can see where my destination is most of the way. I usually leave the raking to MrStarr, but do like to dig in the flower beds myself. Our backyard actually looks pretty good this year.

Spinach, I have a friend that ran the Earthday Half with her daughter. Great job, hope the foot doesn’t give you any more trouble.  Tomwhite, I have never heard of Benzoin but will try to remember what it is good for.  Jay, I think you did great in your race, and so nice to coach Dan to a good finish too.  I was wondering if I am more of a racewalker than a runner. What is the exact criteria. You are definitely faster than me, that’s for sure.

We had a super busy weekend here with all the family home for a niece’s wedding. The groom is number 123 in the order of Standafer's (starting with MrStarr's parents).  A group of the men have been singing a song called "Me and My House" and many of the family weddings for the last 25 years. Yesterday's rendition had 22 of them singing and was the best part of the service. For the rest of the music my DD and DS were the vocals/piano/guitar duo and did a super job. Our house was unusually quiet until today after they checked out of the hotel and came over, yikes what a mess the grandkids make!  I was able to run Fri-Sat-San (5-3-9.5 miles) though. Also swam with the grandkids for a bit on Friday.  I got up at 5 this morning because I am so sick of this wind. No way I’d get a long run done in that.  Twice around the lake in 2 hours. I put a water bottle outside my mailbox and a stashed a few pretzels but didn’t need them. I had my second breakfast at the hotel buffet with all the relatives. Such fun to catch up and visit with everyone, almost impossible to do at the reception with that blaring music!

Oh,does anyone else prepare food and then forget to put it out for the meal? Oh what a dummy I am! We did have an event to go to tonight so I took the salad along to that.  I’ll bet Posai never does that, or Twocat….

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich