Masters Running

The Sunday Daily, 3.8.15 (Read 31 times)

Mariposai

Happy birthday to two magnificent divas, Holly and Marj

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Yikes, Leslie. That is really scary. And not that some of those "recent past" years were really high snowpack, but today there is nothing.

We are still below our annual average snow fall for the year, but you wouldn't know that by this weekend. It seems like Mother Nature is trying to make up for the past several months all at once. And apparently we're still 20" below normal. Geez... Gave up my run today to help DH shovel our driveway and stairs. I was out there a little over an hour (temps were dropping and my fingers were cold!), but he was out there for about 3 hours. Otherwise, I did dishes, laundry, remade the bed, cleaned bathrooms and vacuumed. Seems like running just didn't fit in the picture there. Hey, consider it a Holly solidarity day with no running, but I'll be back on it tomorrow.

Holly, go after the bike trainer thing to keep your fitness going!

SteveP

(((((Deez)))))

That's a lot of stairs Tet

I hope Holly and Marj enjoyed their day.

I'd wear it as a work shirt Stumpy. This time of year we layer up.

I hope that drought changes soon, Leslie.

Tag and I got out for 4 miles. Still sluggish after the work week.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

My mother fell and fractured a part of her hip but not the pelvis. Pretty nercing few days. My grandmother passed a couple of weeks back and it was a fall in January and broken hip that started the chain events. Stuff they don't put in life's manual book. Oh well one day at a time.

Sorry to hear that, Norm.  Sending prayers and well-wishes to you and your family.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."