Masters Running

Yay! I ran Boston sick, made it to the finish and didn't (quite) have a PW (Read 382 times)

arf

MM #405

Congratulations Harriet, on toughing this out. I knew this would be an emotional read for me as soon as I realized you'd be seeing, (and hugging), your daughter. Mine is in Germany for a year and a half and I miss her so. So wonderful that yours was there to watch and cheer you on as you were living your dream! We have never met, but I feel like I know you so well...thanks for taking me on this journey of your training to BQing to Running Boston! You GO girl! Big grin arf
    PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

PDR - We had a great weekend as well - thanks so much for your hospitality (as well as Nate and Amanda's and your good Louking husband). Your perseverance is amazing. Hope it wasn't the middle PBJster that gave you the cold. We look forward to seeing you again - where to next?
      TheSaint

Congratulations on your first Boston. So sorry you were getting sick, that gives you even more of a reason to do it again when you can enjoy it more! It was so nice of you and WRFB to host a get-together and awfully nice of Amanda and Nate to provide the space.
          Wow, PDR, how you ran Boston while you were coming down with whatever got you is amazing. In spite of that, you had a great weekend with family and friends and a very respectable race. Your toughness and spirit served you well. Congratulations. TomS
          btb1490

PDR, maybe you didn't hit your goals 2 and 3, but you more than made up for them with your gutsy effort out there. I could tell you weren't feeling well, yet you never stopped and never gave up. I was so impressed with your fortitude, that was not easy for you out there! Thanks for helping to make it a very special weekend with the gathering on Saturday, and I was thrilled to get to run with you. Feel better!
              Wow, Great race even though you were not feeling great. I know from all your training and setbacks how important and how hard you trained for this, so congratulations. You will be back and even stronger this time. Best Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Harriet - I have seen you run at a couple of races now - you are inspiring!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

You did great, Harriet. I only hope you get a chance to do it again so you can experience it without the flu haze. Thanks to you, Lou, Amanda, and Nate for helping to make Boston '08 such a memorable experience for so many Boomers. Take care.
                    Running ANY race while running a fever is never easy. I am in awe that you pulled off a marathon with a cold to deal with. Congratulations on having fun and in the end that is the most important aspect of our sport.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

pfriese

Congrats on your Boston Marathon FINISH! Sorry it wasn't under the best circumstances though. Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

During my dd's boston sojourn some years ago, probably thinking it was just like the local ones I'd done over the years, she wondered why I didn't come back for the Boston Marathon too. Smile Thanks for makin' it happen anyway with a vicarious one-mile-to-go moment for me too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

PDR, thanks for the gutsy RR. It sucks to come down with the ickies right before a marathon (it's happened to me TWICE now) but you are tough for showing up and running to the finish line. I hope you are feeling better by now.

GreenMan

PDR, Congratulations on, first, running Boston, and second, having a great weekend. Excellent report. jjj
                            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.