Masters Running

Omaha Marathon - A Special Day (Read 252 times)

arf

MM #405

GREAT race Tom!!! Congrats! This report made me feel so sad ...I didn't know about Sheri and I thought it was so sweet that you ran this one for her, thank you for sharing that. Now I know that Donna was that little "angel" sent especially for you. Give her a big hug for me, and of course one for you....I miss you guys Undecided Good luck and have fun in Tulsa! arf Smile
    SteveP

Tom, you ran an amazing race!!!!! Your RR is very moving. Thanks

SteveP

Tom well done & thanks for sharing!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Prince of Fatness

Wow. Thanks for sharing your story. You have a big heart. Congratulations.

Not at it at all. 

coastwalker

What an incredible race - congrats on your sub-4, and your award! Clearly, running with Sheri in mind provided you with all the inspiration you needed in Omaha. You ran an amazing race, and should be very proud of what you accomplished in Sheri's name. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

selb3

Way to go Tom! Awesome, awesome, awesome - all I can say about your performance. Your report gives me renewed hope. If you may recall, I was one of the 2005 Omaha CR group. Missed Omaha this year for a wedding, but plan to participate in at least the half next year. Keep on keeping on Tom! Big grin Dave
                Tom, that was a touching and emotional post. Congratulations on such a fine marathon in memory of Sheri. TomS
                Tramps

Tom, that was an amazing day and a powerful report. What a race and what a tribute to Sheri! You can forever be proud of that effort. Your report was a beautiful reminder of how running is woven into life-long relationships. It was inspiring to read; thanks for sharing.

Be safe. Be kind.

What a great tribute to Sheri, Tom.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

What a wonderful awe-insopiring srace report. I was completely taken in by your race report. Congratulations on running a superb race and thank you so very much for sharing your story. Sheri must have been wonderful and it is clear that she meant a lot to you, I am sure that she was looking out for you while you were on that course. Congrats again just a fine race. Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

Touching, amazing, wonderful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Way to go, Tom! How exciting. I'll be running Des Moines this year, which will make me think of you because of the number of times you've been a pacer there. Good luck in Tulsa. Hi to Donna.
                            Just amazing, Tom. What a wonderful story.
                            Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33