Masters Running

May 8: Friday (Read 19 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm sorry, but I just have time for a walk-by this morning. I did 3.6 'stay-loose' RW miles at the regular time this morning. Temps in the upper 50s, and nice moonlight lit the way. I've got some back issues; it feels like someone punched me in my lower back a couple of times. It feels more muscular than an alignment issue. A massage Wednesday evening didn't resolve it, although it did help a bit. Tomorrow's half will be...interesting. I'm hoping for a Milktruck meet up there.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

You beat jlynne by 2 minutes but I didn't see your daily so I posted on hers.  Normally I would go with the earliest one.  I hope you aren't too disappointed in me for that. 

Sayhey! MM#130

Who's been punching Jay??  We'll get Tag after whoever it is.  Avenge away!

Welcome Murphy and Hope'smom.  C'mon along!

sayhey, jes' fer the record, that was not a complaint about the h&h.  I agree, I Gladly, Most Gladly, traded in the cold, icy sleet and snow and ice, did I mention ice? fer the h&h.    You don't hafta scoop it.

Ribs!  I keep wanting to ask, have you tried protein powder?  I have to keep up on protein too, but I don't eat much meat AND also need those oats, so I add a scoop of protein powder either to the oats directly or shake it up with the milk.  A scoop is 60-80 calories and about 12-16 grams (you can use plant or whey protein) of protein.   I make sure to get the brands with 1 gram or less of sugar.    It's good to have around; I use a cup in the energy bars I make, and you can always shake some up with a little liquid if you're having a low protein day.

Hang in there, Starr.

Say, the Sox didn't lose last night!  And there is also a Watertown in South Dakota, a fact that should make you a step ahead of the news today.    All of the Democrats (approx. 84) in South Dakota may be there.

O, love the Frank M marathon in Juneau!!

Decided to sign up for a 5K tomorrow after running with the Speedsters last night.  I've missed them!  And the 5K is on the beach, so sort of slowish, but folks are going to hang around after and enjoy the beach (Lover's Key)

I just saw the Jersey Boys movie and really enjoyed it, nevermind what the critics said.

So since stopping by yesterday, there are 16+ miles on me.  8+ last night and 8 this am.  Feeling peppy; must be the Vernors Ginger Ale I found at the market last weekend!  (Michiganders will understand).  Some places import it in for the Snowbirds.    I love it; takes me back to my youth, and it was my brother's favorite (so of course I love it.)

grins and super weekends to all you superheros.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)