Masters Running

Wednesday, July 20th daily thread (Read 648 times)

Maniac 505

Mari   89,  WOW  it was only about 70º here this afternoon,  (I spent the morning chasing fish at the aquarium (and catching a few of them).  The aquarium is gearing up for the big annual collecting trip at Neah Bay ( the ocean, about 100 miles from here)  This is when they stock up on animals for the following year.  This year we went through the dome,  (a 400,000 gallon tank that represents our local waters)  We tried to catch the older and less attractive fish that are over represented.  sometimes we were successful.  They will take these fish out to the ocean and turn them loose so they can serve the rest of their life in the wild. 

My runs almost always start in the Seattle Art Museum's - Olympic Sculpture park.  It is about one block from my Condo.  I know from past experience, when the wild flowers are in bloom they only last for a couple days.  After my run, I had to go back for my camera

wildflowers

Hopefully Mari, DS1, Tet, Franc, Enke, SrLopez, me, and about a gazillion other maniacs will get to see some of this on Sunday.

Thanks for the well wishing on the judgeship (if someone could throw a gold coin in a well with the wish that would be great).  The hard part with any possible promotion-type job change is deciding to do it, knowing that there could be a let-down when it's over.  Kinda like knowing how a marathon can go bad.  Non-runners don't know this, but everything relates to running!  Steve, I think if it's a good-looking cop of the opposite sex, tipping is warranted.Smile

My run in the heat went better than expected.  5.6 miles at 97 degrees, which I've done before but not very often.  I had only planned 5 so that was a nice plus to add on a little, since I was a little short on my run last night.  I didn't plan my route so I ended up half a mile from here when I was done so I walked the rest of the way.  I feel great!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Some great photos today!  Thanks for sharing them Carolyn, Tam & Dive.

Hang in there OM - hugs to you.

Opie - good luck on the Judgeship!  Have a cuz who is a judge in CO - she likes it - mostly.  On the flip side after some threats, she got a pistol permit and is usually packing, just in case.

Tramps - please be careful.

I read Tramps report and opted for the gym.  It was cooler but the humidity was high - I was sopping wet with puddles on the TM and floor by the end.  Did 13 miles with the 10 in the middle averaging 7:35.  Developed some unusual gut cramping so decided that was enough.  Was 95F a couple hours later when I walked 7 miles outside with a friend (during which I drank 50 oz of water).

Peace,

Skip

Marathon Maniac #957

Non-runners don't know this, but everything relates to running! 

Smile  Good luck, Opie!

Tammy - yes, he knows it's his diet and (lack of) exercise, and yes, he swears he's trying to make better choices.   Mostly he's just upset because we got the bill for his 90 day supply of meds ($420 - a new high).  That made him swear he's going to change, because he hated to pay it out.  Unfortunately, his resolve rarely lasts very long.

Carolyn - I love the picture!

Mariposai - 89 - hot!

Divechief - lovely flowers!  Do you get to go on the annual collecting trip?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."