Masters Running

Halloween!! 10.31.15 (Read 36 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Greta news all around!  Hope Ribs posts the photo of himself in costume.

......you mean you don't use 'capitalist running pig dogs' and the like in your daily parlance people?

One of of my Speedster chums is in NYC for their little marathon and I think I' m almost as excited as is she.  I think she may run a 3:30-something (she's in her early 50s).

Ran a 5K this am that benefits the United Way.  Lots of kiddoes and costumes.  My friend who pushes her daughter (she has CP) won the race on the women's side.  They are so special, and just good people.

Always love the extra hour!  Get to see some baseball.

Rabbit rabbit and g'night,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

SteveP

I may be on the verge of guilty in that regard, Holly.There simply seems to be so much that needs to be done and only so many hours in a day and I'm most comfortable around runners. Yowza! on the costume.

As as I ran only once this week, I felt kinda ineligible to post.  I know it's silly, but personally I feel I have to earn the privilege.  Anyway...

I know the feeling. After a bit, it's been easy to overcome. Go with where your heart is.

Just curious... is there a ferry or something going from Green Bay, WI to Traverse City, MI? Or something to make it easier to get from one to the other without going all the way around the top or the bottom of the lake?

There is one in Manistee which isn't too far from Traverse City. I hope you're planning a trip.

The trip sounds more like an adventure Deez!

Maybe it's because this is the first time I've raced with out a Batman shirt in over 20 years. I've never had a 5K kick my butt before and we loved every moment of it. Generally I'm lukewarm about Zombie Run. If it weren't for it being Noah's favorite race of the year, I wouldn't do it.  It's a three mile cluster muck street costume party where the starting shoot is really too narrow for the venue. The first 1/2 mile is a bike path wide enough for two cyclist. Not 1,100 runners. When our grandson is registered, it's also my favorite event of the year. DW reminded him the race was more than three miles, Noah replied, "That's no big deal". Poor Tag hasn't raced since early August.

Friday, I didn't get out of work until well after 10:00 PM. I got up at my normal time as I didn't make packet pick up the night before. I opened the drawer with the racing clothes and the dog got so fired up, he put himself between me and the dresser and wouldn't budge. Parking was nearly half a mile away and as soon as the dog got out of the truck, he started howling and trying to go run run run!

We passed on the makeup on the faces of Thing One and Thing Two. I had my hands full with the dog and the jogger and skipped the make up as well. Noah, however, was proud of his wounds.The race started as we were getting Norah and Jude into the jogger and we crossed the starting line last.

When we went past the parking area, the 1st place person passed us as he was nearly done with is race.

We got off the bike path and the oldest grandson realized that the police car with the flashing lights tailed those of us dead last. He picked it up a notch and we started passing a few people. I could not have been happier with the dog while pushing two tots. The first time out, we blew off every makeshift aid station. On the way back, Noah had to inspect the goodies provided by small businesses and homeowners along the route. We got back on the bike path and Noah complained that his legs were tired. I passed him and said I was finally going to beat him! His legs became un tired really fast. We could see the finish line and Noah said his legs felt like they were going to fall off. As I passed him again, I told him that he'd grow new ones. And he did. He beat me by two seconds..

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Great race report, Steve!  Love the pictures!

Econo - I haven't run in two weeks, but I still post.....I think the requirement for posting here is only that you have run at some point in your life...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Econo - I haven't run in two weeks, but I still post.....I think the requirement for posting here is only that you have run at some point in your life...

...at least 1 block...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

whew.

It’s taken me to 6:00:48 pm and 5:48:00 pm to reach the 50K mark in the hilly (7,000 feet up/7,000 feet down) Carkeek 12-hour Fun Run and Costume Contest in the last two years so, when some circumstances I might fess up to sometime or the other delayed my starting time for the 2015 edition yesterday from 6:00 am. to thirty minutes later at 6:30 am and left no chance for 50K, I revised my goal to a more manageable marathon distance. NOT. Somehow, I made up thirty minutes late start and finished at 5:38 pm, fastest ever on that rugged course. Yippee
            Nice about so many friends running.
            How did amy’s friend do in last week’s MCM?
            Are you still friends?

nice impy robin hood.

want some candy/cookies left over from the Carkeek aid station they were giving away in spades at the end of the race?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...at least 1 block...

....... and not all at once.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Jlynne

Just curious... is there a ferry or something going from Green Bay, WI to Traverse City, MI? Or something to make it easier to get from one to the other without going all the way around the top or the bottom of the lake?a

Thanks for posting the picture, Mariposai. I never can seem to get that to work.

Spent over an hour shoveling snow and clearing the driveway with DH. Beautiful day out there but my ears got cold.

There's a ferry that runs out of Manitowoc that runs to Ludington Michigan and there might be another out of Milwaukee as well. We've used the one that goes to Ludington and it takes around 4 hours. Manitowoc is about a 30 minute drive from Green Bay.