Masters Running

40_ on the go w/e 3/28 (Read 464 times)

Heading to Orlando early Saturday morning with my 2 sisters. Going to the House of Blues to see "Heart" perform. Jewels
    If we still have time we might still get by Everytime I think about it, I want to cry With bombs and the devil and little kids keep coming No way to breathe easy no time to be young. But I tell myself that I'm doin' alright Aint nothin' left to do tonite But go crazy on you Crazy on you Crazy on you
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Ev, Everytime I e-mail my sister to coordinate the weekend she just quotes some lyrics just as you have. I'll ask her, "so what time should we head out Saturday morning?" Her reply, dream boat, dream boat annie Jewels
      But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Ultrachick

Morning Everyone! I quickly skimmed through the posts-looks like everyone is still doing well. I'm at work waiting for a client to come. Things are going well. Busy with work, class, kids, life, running etc. Cool news-I'm going to a Brooks running camp in June at Crystal Mtn, near Mt Rainier, in Washington! It's for Brooks ID runners. Never been to Washington state before! I'm really excited. Over 250 people applied for 75 spots and I got one! My coaching business may be picking up as well-I've been approached by a church group wanting to run Chicago and raise money charity. I meet with them next week. Take care and stay healthy! Kelly
        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

flatland mountaineer

A few sucky miles in winter conditions, came back and dug my balakava out of my ski bag. Jewels hope your "ship of dreams" Wink comes in, have a fun concert. Nice honor Kelly. Leslie sounds like you're having a great time and getting some miles in also. Going to supper with the Running Times editor and wife tonite so will hear whats new in the macro running world. a couple farming vids Strip tilling, we will plant in the black strips in a month http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5cdRGxXR0w spraying fertilizer on wheat before the storm to let the moisture incorporate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmU3-CKrXU MTA Ev u getting covered up in snow, hearing 12"+ in Guymon + 50mph winds= big drifts?

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - sounds like you're having a great time! Watch out for that humidity... Jewels - I saw Heart in 79 or 80. I wonder what they look like nowadays. Last night I saw a new Annie Lennox video and she looked so...so old.... *sigh* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRqapJglkE&feature=related Of course, I remember seeing the Stones in 82 or 83 and I thought they were old then...and they're still rockin' Cool Ev - some nice runs there - 12 on the trail? Tough stuff! Kelly - neat-o news on the running camp! Wow! Cindy - careful driving in that stuff! Same to the rest of you! Jim - I always love your videos. Whole 'nother world to me. Well, the half marathon I paid for last weekend was last month. It was on a military base - you should've seen the look on the guys faces when we went to get admission to the base. They must have thought we were a couple of stupid floozies! So we drove out to the beach and ran on highway 1 near Cambria and up towards Hearst Castle, which was super-nice. Had a good time at the Paso Robles Zinfandel Festival, so all was not lost. Big grin Shopping for another nearby half marathon for the weekend of April 18 - 19. No better way to do those long runs than at some kind of event! Have a nice weekend everyone! Arla

Ex runner

Jim...yep, we're covered up here. Hard to say for sure, but where I'm at, I'd say 18+ inches...4-5' drifts in places. White out blizzard type conditions all over NW OK. Arla....I'll have to clarify my term of "trails". I usually run on the Goetzinger Memorial walking trail in my hometown. This is an asphalt paved trail system that loops and winds around a midtown area. Not the trails that "trail runners" navigate. I'm not that tough! OK.....I had to ready your post again....did you say that you paid for a 1/2 marathon race last weekend, but the race was actually last month? That's some good stuff right there, I tell you what! But speaking of snow and trails, I did get 3 miles in at the Goetzinger Memorial trails in the OK blizzard of '09. I'll try to post a picture later. Would I lie to you? Would I lie to you, honey? Now would I say something that wasn't true, I'm asking you sugar would I lie to you? (I'm sorry, I can't help it.)
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Ev if ya keep having those blizzards you are gonna have to invest in some goggles. Wink YOu'll be able to tell your grands you trained for a marathon in the Blizzard of 09'. Arla thats a funny story, probably not so funny at the time but you made the most of it. Like Ev I had to reread it. One of my friends in college was entered in a rodeo, he arrived in Buffalo WY at the rodeo grounds and no one was there, he waited thinking he was just early. Finally got out his newsletter, the rodeo was in Buffalo SD..... short 3 this morn, windy, cold We had a good time with JB and wife last nite.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Hi there 40's friends! Looks like you are all up to some mischief. Running in blizzards, running down under, running towards a girls get-a-way, running to dinner with RW editors (learn anything interesting?) and even showing up for a race that had already been run. Hub and I had a great time in San Francisco...just seeing the sights and soaking in the city. Lots of walking and good food Big grin, but no running Sad. Got in a 3 miler yesterday though, so will be in rebuilding mode for a while. Also just got back from a meeting of a new (local) chaper of the Diabetes Exercise and Sports Association, which was very cool since it's hard to find other active folks with T1 Diabetes to connect with. OK, gotta go clean the house and get back to reality ...blech! Roll eyes
                  Progress Trumps Pefection

flatland mountaineer

8.3 miles to town, longest since November, cool 35 deg running mostly with an ever increasing south wind that waited until I got done to really get with it. Looking at the garmin I was a little disappointed with my pace but I guess it is a long SLOW run. Had quite a few cars/pickups go by me (a little too fast) obviously late for church. Evil grin Carol glad you had a good trip, sounded fun. Jonathan is editor of Running Times, the other Rodale runner mag we don't talk about Big grin. He talked about some interviews he had done but mostly we just talked about the challenges of running and training at age 40+ and whats going on in our lives. Enjoy your weekend and runs.

jfa

Holy Snowstorm Batman! Er , Ev! Hope this was a relatively light lr week for you! Nice 8 miler Jim and btw, your tractors have some really cool electronics and seem to go a lot faster than my '92 Volvo! Welcome back Carol! What a great city. As I have said before, I really love San Francisco. Bonked on another 20 mile attempt today. Got 18.2m but really struggled throughout. All the excuses reasons are easy to see. I have shattered my previous mileage for a month, ran too fast with Buddy in the woods yesterday ( he was in pursuit of some horses, who he thinks are just really big dogs) been going too fast, and frankly, this 'ol body is just tired. Whine has ended, go in peace!