Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 4.18.15 (Read 31 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Well done, Holly!  I know you only had two weeks of running since your surgery, but you were doing a lot of stationary biking and other cross training, which probably helped maintain fitness. I mean, it's not like you were sitting on the couch for 6 weeks! Congrats on another state in the books!  How many is this?

It looks like winter here - deep snow everywhere, so deep the dogs have trouble moving around in the yard without post holing!  It's actually pretty funny watching them.  I didn't really want to run in the snow and slush, so I headed down to Golden to do my grocery shopping, and ran on the Clear Creek trail.   It's spring down in Golden!  Trees turning green, flowers and flowering trees blooming, and 50° and sunny!   I had a wonderful 10 mile run in shorts and tee shirt!  Oh, and new shoes!  And a new trail for part of the time - I took a side turn I'd never tried before, and it ended up circling around to another trail I've run before.  I picked some lilacs in the park before I came home - I hope the city won't miss a few!  I love the smell of lilacs.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

I just think it would be crazy to live in a place where it's winter at home, and late spring just a few miles down (literally down) the road! Nice run, Carolyn!

Way to go, Holly! Very nice way to finish a run. IN isn't a new state for you though, is it? I wasn't sure. That might be one I'd want to do to get a "redo" on IN since my time on the one I did there was kinda bad and there was talk that it wasn't even really full length.

C-R, thanks for the input on the marathon, but it was Twocat asking. I had to go back and check to be sure it wasn't tomwhite asking about marathons already....

It was pretty windy here today, but the hard gusts that were forecast didn't seem to appear. And the wind was from the East. and I was able to avoid it for the most part except just a couple stretches. 8.5 miles, 8:15 avg. pace and pretty consistent pacing throughout, even with uphill on the way back and that dratted headwind for a bit. Felt god, and nice to get a run in from home without needing a pick-up because of bad footing. Yard work later, just about 1.5 hours but a start and it looks better already. Sad to see the vole damage in the lawn though.

Marathon Maniac #957

I had a wonderful 10 mile run in shorts and tee shirt!  Oh, and new shoes!  And a new trail for part of the time - I took a side turn I'd never tried before, and it ended up circling around to another trail I've run before.  I picked some lilacs in the park before I came home - I hope the city won't miss a few!  I love the smell of lilacs.

I agree with Erika - very cool that you have the ability to enjoy two seasons at once.  Also, as a novice trail runner, I am always fearful that I will get lost, but you just bravely try a new trail - I like that.

Erika - no, this was my first IN race, which is surprising since we are right next door.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."