Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 12.30.14 (Read 32 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

A guy (definitely not Ribs!) who writes a local newspaper column on running issues published a link to his latest article on FB a couple of days ago. Apparently (so I was told - I never saw it), he got some critical (but not nasty) feedback on FB. He subsequently deleted all of the critical posts so that all that was left were the accolades. Someone who writes for publication should have a bit thicker skin than that, and perhaps a slightly smaller ego. Very disappointing...

Reminds me of the race links and runner feedback at www . ontherun . com (later ontherunevents) that was at-one-time heavily used by PNW runners.  Then,  some well-deserved but nicely-put critical comments on one of the advertiser’s local races prompted webmaster to delete of all the negative postings and limit comments to the favorable.  Not surprisingly, the forum has so faded away that there isn’t even any mention, let along discussion, of the otherwise highly popular Resolution 5K Fun Run at Polar Bear Plunge on New Year’s Day I’ve started many a year with with divechief and francesca.

One of the guys I ran with today with got his wife snowshoes for their recent anniversary and a trip up to the northern part of Michigan.  But there is no snow.  So plan B was to do a long run on the North Country Trails (where SteveP runs sometimes) but it starting pouring rain on their way there.  So they just relaxed around the hotel for a day or so.  I am not sure about his choice of an anniversary gift, but who am I to judge? 

Kind a sounds like a success if remembering what you got over the years counts,.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

...Holy Carp roch//........18-degrees is a tough run, nice going

Hmmm, I'm at the point where anything above 10° is a nice day for a run! There's that perspective thing again, right?

We're having a blast of mild temps to finish up the year! It was 33° at our house this morning. That's a bit warm for us mid-winter and the roads get slick and things that should be frozen become less so.... I ran from my office this afternoon and it was about 28° and a bit slick in spots. Pretty good run though, finished with 7.1 miles at a too-fast pace. This is after 9.2 yesterday on most of the same route (hey, it's the only plowed bike path around). I'll run tomorrow to finish out the year, but after that it looks like we're heading below zero again. *sigh*

Nice to see Amy and Lamerunner!

Ribs, how can anyone view the Ruffian story as anything other than a tragedy?

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just did my last run of the year...a 10 miler in 1:16:09...on the treadmill.

Okay--that's it--gotta go--Debbie says it's suppertime.