Masters Running

Halloween Daily, 10.31.14 (Read 35 times)

Mariposai

I don't ever remember seeing any but I'll have to look for some Mexican food on any next trip to Japan, maybe January it seems. Glad I don't have to do those trips for one day anymore as once happened to me too when I was about two-cat's age too.  I bet twocat didn't even get to savor any of those greasy Peking duck dishes. hmmmm. .

ps - good job stumps.  Trick or treat?

Yeah, great job with the house decoration, Stumpy.

Enjoy the long run tomorrow, taper boy.

Mexican food in Japan, that is a question to ask the Rasmussen's.

Great to see that the Wiseone and the Saint are having fun in Mexico. Pictures?

Go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Meh, I've never been into Halloween. I was always the kid at school who forgot all about it and didn't have a costume, so got the charity ghost costume from the teacher (big pillowcase with arm and eye holes). I dressed up a bit with DH for some Halloween parties when we were dating/first married (pre-kids) but that was about it. Now we live in an area with no little kids and too rural for anyone to come here, so we buy a bag of Snickers and eat them. 

Dave, I do that sometimes. Whatever the minimum is to get me to whatever goal, hey, I'm there. Doesn't happen all the time, as sometimes I actually get into it (whatever "it" is) and end up doing more than the minimum. But that attitude at least gets me started!

Ok, Holly is registered... now I really have to think about it. Not that I haven't been. But I haven't heard back from the VRBO rental owner and am concerned about lodging. I guess I should just bite the bullet and do it. And post this in Doug's thread about this....

Does anyone else get to the point where they just need a rest day? It's not just from running, but sometimes life just conspires against you and you are just exhausted at the end of the day. Work yesterday was nuts with all sorts of last minute things before launching the next phase of our wellness program, and lots of other "walk in" requests for help/input/assistance, whatever. I let the opportunity slip away, and was glad to get to bed relatively early. Felt so much better today. The skies were clear and late-afternoon-sunny as I headed out from my office for 6.3 hilly miles. Temp was between 12° and 16° depending on where I was (warmer at higher elevations), and a slight but chilly breeze from the North made the return trip much more pleasant (less unpleasant?). Cold hands the first 2 miles, then fine as the thermostat opened up and I was warm all over. Hey, this run got me over 2k miles for the year!

SteveP

Tet, I did not get DQ'd for the Batman garb.

Sweet digs, Stumpy.

(((((Erika))))).Just 'cause.

Two of the kids had tried goading me into dressing like a pumpkin and doing a drop off at kids' houses, similar to what happens at easter....eh...no. personally, I love seeing the little buggers all having fun.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Ok, Holly is registered... now I really have to think about it. Not that I haven't been. But I haven't heard back from the VRBO rental owner and am concerned about lodging. I guess I should just bite the bullet and do it.

Yes!  And congrats on passing the 2K!

Erika - Airbnb has some nice options for that weekend, looking at 6/25/15 to 6/28/15.  I posted in the Charlevoix thread about it.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."