Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING& X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 08/05 (Read 248 times)

Dutchie42

Morning everyone Wink

Didn't see a new thread for this week so thought I'd help out and start one. No clever quote from me though.

Hope Leslie is OK?

Have a good week you all.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Mon: slept in. Went to bed at 9h15 PM and woke up at 7h30 AM. Gosh, that hadn't happened to me in years I think.

Tue: 3.5 kilometer easy run with Spooky in lovely cool temp, followed by a very nice 30 min LB w/o.

Wed: 30 min aerobics tabata w/o (incl. wu) plus 30 min boxing w/o. Was in a hurry as I had a meeting with a recruiting agency.

Thu: slept in. Felt very sleepy when I first woke up so stayed in bed.

Fri: 30 min UB + core

Sat: 3.5K doggie run. The day got away from me, didn't manage anything else today.

Sun: the floor would move whenever I lookded down. No problems when I kept my head up. Weird. Didn't workout at all today.

Total:

a mere 7 kilometer of running

1 x UB

1 x boxing w/o (counts as an UB)

1 x LB

1 x 30 min tabata w/o

Dutchie

evanflein

Thanks, Dutchie. Haven't heard from Leslie yet after her 50 miler, but hope she's recovering well. Thanks for getting this going!

No thread last week, but I did get in 43.3 miles of running so a wee bit more than the week before. Continuing to rebuild.

Monday: 2+ hours of blueberry picking!

Tuesday: 6.6 miles GA run on trails, .4 mile walk

Wednesday: 7.5 miles with the last three at tempo, .4 mile walk

Thursday: 7.1 miles, mostly easy effort, .4 mile walk

Friday: Rest day... didn't really want it but it just worked out that way

Saturday: .6 mile warm up, Half Marathon in 1:42:05, 1.1 mile c/d for 14.8 miles total for the day

Sunday: 11.5 miles run, lots of walking but didn't measure it....

Totals:

Dutchie42

Erika: how was your race? Did it go well?

Dutchie

Thanks for keeping the thread alive.  Been running my plan and thought I might as well post it:

Day........................................Plan......................................................................................................................................Actual

Monday...4 very easy/6 strides.................................................................................................................................done-4.35
            Tues...2 miles warmup, 3x7 minutes @5k pace effort with 3 minute recovery jogs, 2 miles cool down...done-6.72
            Wednesday...easy 6 miles........................................................................................................................................done-6
            Thursday...Cross Training for 1hr or rest........................................................................done-bike ride for about an hour
            Friday...easy 6 miles-first 4 miles easy and then pick up pace for the last 2 miles........done-6 with last 2 @9:19
            Saturday...5 easy/6 strides........................................................................................................................................done-5.23
            Sunday...11 wave run with pickups miles 4, 5, 9, 10 & 11..................................................................................done-10.95
            Mileage-38......................................................................................................................................................................39.3

Hi Erika and congrats on that AG win!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Hi Opie!

Dutchie, my next race is this Saturday. Or did you mean the last one? The Gold Discovery Run went pretty well, but there was a LOT of mud and huge puddles (like little ponds!). I ran as well as I could for my condition and training at the time, so ended with 2:22, a few minutes slower than planned but I can account for some of that from navigating around puddles in the woods. Still won my AG so that was the first goal.

pfriese

Thanks Dutchie.

Last weeks totals: 17 miles running, 25.4 miles bicycling, & 4 miles swimming

M - 5 mile easy run

T - 1600m swim

W - 3 miles on treadmill followed by 300m swim

Th - 3 miles on treadmill followed by 1600m swim

F - 2 miles on treadmill followed by 300m swim

Sa - 9.4 mile easy run

Su - 42 mile bike ride

Total - 22.4 miles running, 42 miles biking, 2.4 miles swimming

Paul