Masters Running

Thursday 1-16-14 Daily (Read 40 times)

20 miles around lake grapevine ... my, that does sound lovely.  nice job, ribs!

OH, PS,,,,,,,,,,HAPPY B'DAY janieB//..............hope you had a good one........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks two cat.  No wonder I love running so much.

after a morning Imperial Palace Marathon tomorrow (sat),

I'll be at the airport on Saturday evening too.

I wish Wildone was routing through a seattle flight.  oh well.

ps - if the picture works (eta - but I guess it doesn't), guess the two members (of the three in the picture) of the Japan 100 Marathon Joyful Running Club who have run more than 2,000 combined marathons and which one only has 165 marathons even though he started running 'em more than ten years before either of the mega-Joyfuls. Maybe they'll start a 1,000 tired marathon club for them.

ps holly.  as you realize, you gotta hang in there when the kids are growing up.  After that, just remember what Clint Eastwood said if twocat's truism about having your own life and interests too isn't working out yet:  "one of the benefits of the aging process is not giving a crap what anyone else thinks."  Unfortunately, sometimes that has to include spouses.  oh well.  

ps - picture, if it works, is from the party after the Joyful's annual Awards Ceremony Marathon.

More than 100 Joyfuls were there.  Needless to say it was very joyful.

no wonder I love running so much. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

fly by

I delivered the 3rd load of windows and doors for this house today. Our truck is 24 ft long. 8ft wide and 103 inches tall. There is room for one more door in there, however, my new boss didn't want to chance some one getting hurt. The truck is packed from nose to tail, top to bottom,  and there were only 13 items in it. We have at least two more full truck window/door deliveries before it's complete.

One of the two windows on the left is for a garage.

SteveP

TammyinGP

wow! that's quite the house!

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

That your summer place, Steve?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

janie b good

awww, thanks, tomwhite!
              twocat, ty for the pep talk!

stumpy, ty for the laugh!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Mike E

MM #5615

Have fun, tomorrow, tet!

yikes Steve!!  That's a lot of windows and a whole lot of house!!

Cross-training type workout for me tonight - 30 minutes on a trainor called the adaptive motion trainor - not sure I like it, 20 min step-mill, 10 min treadmill then a whole lot of ab/core work.

Tomorrow's Friday - another weird shift for me -- working 11a-11p!!   Have a wonderful night my friends!!

denise

SteveP

Holly, every time you post a picture of Sara, I keep remembering a picture of her on a bike with pink cowgirl boots. They must slow the growth process down a bit.

Wildchild is having quite the adventure.

Thanks for the reminder TwoCat.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

!  Never thought I could make money selling my body at this age......heh.

Nice 20, Ribs!

5 miles for me on Thursday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

NHLA

9 miles 1 hr 20 min  Hebron Mt & Soloman's circle. Nice Day. Super homes up there. This pic from oct.