Masters Running

Thu Dec 4 Runs and Workouts (Read 519 times)

xor

Thus spake Amy:
    I must have looked the Witch from the West
    Not as much as when your hair was long. Ho-yeah!

Decided to give myself a rest day. Sore throat yada yada yada. Maybe tomorrow. It is too cold anyway... 40F...Brrrrrrrrr. I'd have to wear tights too. What a slacker.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

Decided to give myself a rest day. Sore throat yada yada yada. Maybe tomorrow. It is too cold anyway... 40F...Brrrrrrrrr. I'd have to wear tights too. What a slacker.
        Well, sore throat... ok day off. It's cold, but Inky! It's a blue sky day! Blue sky! Which, of course, leads to the really weird Pacific Northwest phenomenon. Doesn't matter that it is 40. Today, you will find people in shorts, and anyone with a convertible has the top down.

Doesn't matter that it is 40. Today, you will find people in shorts, and anyone with a convertible has the top down.
          No Joke! Crap, now I feel I should at least go out for a 30 min walk. I used to force my son stand in the sunlight (and I would time him a couple minutes) during the winter months whenever the sun would come out, which was almost never.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

Inky, just go out for a walk so's you can buy some chips.

King of PhotoShop

SRL, you know just the right things to say to sweet talk Aamos. Great cartoon Bill. (Kill Bill.) Great dog advice Meg, as though there is a dog that could catch you. We have had many discussions regarding what to do about dogs that come after you, and I still say a slow poison is best. No run for me today, planned day off. I want 25 this week and am at 19 already. May take tomorrow off too and do 6 on Saturday. We got more snow here in Chicago but today the weather was actually kind. Early getaway tomorrow. Spareribs

Renee the dog

Just got back from 3 mi with Renee. Then a .18 around the block with my 4 yr old. She said her heart is beating too fast from just wrestling with her brother so she needs to get "training." Smile I think there's a lot of very nice dispositioned folks here on the daily. Apparently, I am not one of them. 'Cause when I had an unleashed German Shepherd go after Renee and me on the beach last year, I was charging her, and going for her throat. Maybe it was because she had already bit my dog's rear, but I was at WAR. And SR, you mean slow poison for the owner right? One good konk on the head for the dog. (Dogs usually smarten up faster than humans).

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

King of PhotoShop

Nah, not really. I gave up the slow poisoning of dogs after we got our own! Can you believe I am on the road this week and miss my dog? Spareribs
                    Ahh, the dog stories I could tell you all about my prior life as a mail carrier... It's funny how your standards of what are acceptable running conditions change when you're dealing with winter. Today was supposed to be a rest day, but the snowstorm passed through, the sun came out and the streets got plowed (well, sort of). As an added bonus, it got up to a whopping 17F. Seeing as how the extended forecast makes 17 look like a heatwave, I decided to go out and test my skills for my first winter run. 4 carefully placed miles at an easy 10:02 pace. Teresa - welcome back. Love the new avatar. We're still waiting for you to post some pictures. I'm sure you're still suffering from a little jet lag. Give yourself some time - that running mojo will be back with a vengeance. Anyone taking bets for Barbara Walters' most fascinating person of 2008? Gotta be Barack, don't you think? Or - is it Ms Palin?! Have a good evening, everyone.

King of PhotoShop

Rosie O'Donnell
                        my last day of PT. Hooray! I am not convinced it did a whole lot but waste insurance money and 4 weeks of my time. Maybe now they will send me for an MRI so we can really find out what needs to be done. 3 miles in the dark and cold tonight. 28:30 . Into the wind going out but coming back was pretty nice . 23 degrees may be the warmest run for the rest of the week. Since I moved a few years ago my dog issues have not been so bad. Where I used to run it was horrible. I always carried pepper spray. It got to the point I would drive 8 miles to the park for a safe run. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

I detest pie
                          OK....now I'm REALLY offended! Big grin Heck, I was so offended I forgot to log in my run. 6 easy miles @ 10:37 pace. 32 F no wind....I repeat, no wind.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          dg.

Rosie O'Donnell
                            it's his surgery. really. we must be patient.
                            xor

I like pie. I detest Rosie O'.

Rosie O'Donnell
                                SR at his finest! Another nice 5 mile progression run for me today as I try to get the spring back in my legs...felt much better today, with a 6th mile cool down. Cool 6.02 miles (7:45) - 8:30 - 8:13 - 7:58 - 7:28 - 6:40 - 7:37 - :10 Hey Timbo - remember that you can never really erase anything once you've put it out on the web and I have friends in high places if you know what I mean! Evil grin