Masters Running

Sunday October 12th Runs, races, and recoveries (Read 428 times)

As further evidence that I can get injured doing almost anything, I have a slightly sprained pinky finger on my left hand from playing catch with the football with Dark Colt for 20 minutes this afternoon. It is a little swollen and already turning purple and green. Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
    wildchild

Carolyn

Nice long runs for Breeger, Holly, Maine, Dale, dg (new PR!), and Aamos (nice to run with your DH!). Nice short runs for Mary, Nono, Tramps, Perch + Tory, and Evryday. Nice 8 milers for WRFB and Gordon (couldn't quite lump you in with the long or short runs!) Twocat, my cousin had lymphoma a couple of years ago, and she's fully recovered now. Good luck to your training partner, she has a good chance if she caught it early. Erika, sorry about the carpy run, and on your birthday too. That sucks. 78 F has to be a shock on the system after your recent weather in Fairbanks, though. And long hours on the plane doesn't help. Better luck tomorrow! Dark Horse, I'm glad to hear Bucking Bronco got away from his computer to play catch with you and Dark Colt. Good family time. And glad your knee held up for a XC run too. Tet, was that a 10K race report you snuck into the daily? We got our first snow of the season last night, about 3 inches. It stayed in the mid 30's all day, so it didn't melt. I took the dogs out for our usual 4 miler at about 3 pm, and half the road was still snow covered; the other half was just muddy. I had intended to go back out for more mileage after I dropped the dogs off at home, but it just wasn't that nice out, and I was kind of lagging, so I called it good. So no long run this week, but that's OK, I'm not training for anything special. I usually like to do at least 10 miles once a week but I'm just lazy this week. But to make up for it, DD and I did some weights and an exercise video when I got back from my run - we haven't done that in ages, and it was fun.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

No running for me today. I was going to call this a rest day, but I ended up doing quite a bit of yardwork, so maybe that can count as cross training. I started cutting back some of my perennials and landscaping plants and cleaned up lots of areas for fall/winter. I didn't get done, but got about 1/2 of it finished. I have several areas around the house and lawn areas that are landscaped, so the clean up in the fall is quite time consuming. Then I made a caramel apple pie with apples from my tree. And yesterday I made a large batch of applesauce with apples a neighbor gave me. And another lady I know gave me a bunch of comice pears. not sure what I'll do with those! Tomorrow DH comes home from his week long trip to Bakersfield yay! Thanks for all the comments on my race report. I appreciate it. Tet - no, I don't have a UW shirt. I never did do that race when I lived up there. But before I can accept more of your clothing (DH is beginning to wonder where I get all these race shirts that I have never raced in! LOL ) you need to promise me that you'll accept something back from me that you refused to take last time I saw you, which belongs to you in the first place. Oy, I'm confused by that last statement . . . am I sounding like Tet yet? At least I know he'll know what I mean Confused I don't get tomorrow off either, but I won't complain since I took last Wed- Fri off, so I'm ready to get back to work! Columbus Day isn't a court holiday, so I don't get it off. And DS still has school as well. I'm anxious to hear more about Hartford and Royal Vic marathoners/half marathoners , and read other RR's as well . . . have a good evening all!

Tammy

dg- neat that you got to see Duckgeek.....and did you see his recent RR on KR....very sad stuff.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Rest day for me. Wow, I'm glad the snow hasn't gotten to Maine yet! Shocked We've had a wonderful stretch of warm weather. We'll pay for it soon enough!

Renee the dog

Well, I now know the source of my back spasm. <------------ it's that devil dog renee. went to do our afternoon segment to make up for the morning, and made it to the corner. that's about 60' people! she pulled and my back went gaaaahh, and i landed on the little bitty strip of grass -- missing all the concrete. i got up, said, "%$*%&$* this" went in the house, changed back into my regular clothes and took a 2.5 hr. nap on the couch. my friend came by for dinner. she's going to be my cheering section for next week's ac 1/2. we laughed and laughed and now i'm going to bed. i just took the rest of today's run and xed it off my schedule. i think i needed the laughing tonight and planning our big day in a.c. next sunday. back feels fine currently. planning on it still feeling fine tomorrow. hope my back can read. ;) it's="" that="" devil="" dog="" renee.="" went="" to="" do="" our="" afternoon="" segment="" to="" make="" up="" for="" the="" morning,="" and="" made="" it="" to="" the="" corner.="" that's="" about="" 60'="" people!="" she="" pulled="" and="" my="" back="" went="" gaaaahh,="" and="" i="" landed="" on="" the="" little="" bitty="" strip="" of="" grass="" --="" missing="" all="" the="" concrete.="" i="" got="" up,="" said,="" "%$*%&$*="" this"="" went="" in="" the="" house,="" changed="" back="" into="" my="" regular="" clothes="" and="" took="" a="" 2.5="" hr.="" nap="" on="" the="" couch.="" my="" friend="" came="" by="" for="" dinner.="" she's="" going="" to="" be="" my="" cheering="" section="" for="" next="" week's="" ac="" 1/2.="" we="" laughed="" and="" laughed="" and="" now="" i'm="" going="" to="" bed.="" i="" just="" took="" the="" rest="" of="" today's="" run="" and="" xed="" it="" off="" my="" schedule.="" i="" think="" i="" needed="" the="" laughing="" tonight="" and="" planning="" our="" big="" day="" in="" a.c.="" next="" sunday.="" back="" feels="" fine="" currently.="" planning="" on="" it="" still="" feeling="" fine="" tomorrow.="" hope="" my="" back="" can="" read.=""></------------ it's that devil dog renee. went to do our afternoon segment to make up for the morning, and made it to the corner. that's about 60' people! she pulled and my back went gaaaahh, and i landed on the little bitty strip of grass -- missing all the concrete. i got up, said, "%$*%&$* this" went in the house, changed back into my regular clothes and took a 2.5 hr. nap on the couch. my friend came by for dinner. she's going to be my cheering section for next week's ac 1/2. we laughed and laughed and now i'm going to bed. i just took the rest of today's run and xed it off my schedule. i think i needed the laughing tonight and planning our big day in a.c. next sunday. back feels fine currently. planning on it still feeling fine tomorrow. hope my back can read. ;)>

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

lots of great runs out there this weekend!! we spent 2 nights in our camper up at Old Orchard Beach Maine -- i just love it up there!! went out yesterday for 4 miles in 37:12 then did some squats and core work tomorrow running the Tufts 10K for women -- so disappointed that 2 of my work friends bagged out -- we've run it the last couple of years then go out for food and drinks afterward -- i'm still going in and will hopefully meet up with some friends from my running group nite!!

denise

evanflein

{{{devil dog Renee}}} I still think she's awfully cute... Iced my foot three times today, just finished now, and might do it again before I hit the sack. Feels better already.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks tammy - I will if you will; maybe birthday weekend or RnR at the same place as this summer.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)