Masters Running

Friday, November 18 Runs and Giggles (Read 589 times)

Lots of chuckles again.  Love the forehead picture.

Sorry Steve, didn't manage to swoon at that photo.... I think you need more duct tape.

I read a book several years ago, can't remember what it was called, by two Australian authors, husband and wife team, about the differences between men and women and all the subtle social cues that go on.  I think they listed the top 10 physical traits men liked in women, and a pretty face was number one, athletic build was number two (for good breeding I suppose), then the boobs, butt and legs thing in about that order.  Anyhow, I learned one thing that stuck with me, tilting your head slightly (to expose your neck) while tucking strands of hair behind your ear is a huge subconsious submissive signal a woman gives to a man.  Ladies, you will find yourself doing this someday, and be horrified that you just signalled your availability to some guy.

PBJ, it took me 25 minutes to go 1.5 miles from my house last night, and 50 minutes to get to the event which normally is a 20 min drive.  At least I got to take home all the white chocolate covered strawberries that were left over.

Perch, can't believe you have gone so long without seeing the family!  It will be an exciting reunion.

Windy and sleeting outside this morning, what will I do???

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Like this, Enke? https://twitter.com/#!/IamCRod

Track runner Carol Rodriguez followed me on Twitter one day recently.  Although I'm a happily married man, I decided to follow her back.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Slo

I've never twittered...tweeted or what ever it's called.

I couldn't follow that. A track practice I assume. a timed 300m run and weight training?

Right.  I'm on Twitter & Google Plus but can't hit the trifecta with Facebook.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

Hmmm, Opie, I'm sure you're just following her for the intellectual content ...  Her tag line says "Running are other sports punishment, It is my expertise." 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

I stopped in to read about male models, and all I get is state capitals...   Roll eyes

Please, ladies, don't pack your bags and come looking...I'm happily married ......I know I know...All the good ones are taken

SteveP

King of PhotoShop

{wondering if I should go into my photobucket . . . I think I have a few photos still in there from days long gone . . .}

Oh I'm in love again.   Get moving on those photos sweetie.   Spareribs

Like this, Enke? https://twitter.com/#!/IamCRod

Not quite, the head tilt is critical and she is not doing that.  She is showing dominance, not submission here, but that is probably OK with a lot of guys too.  Joking

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

C-R

Funny stuff today. Well after getting home at 1 am last night I thought today's run would be horrible and wasn't. An easy 10k in 58. Now I should be tweaking for some race this weekend but just can't seem to muster it. Thanks for all the well wishers. This is one my all time favorite runs. It's pretty and its just about running and runners. I think Monkey should be next fall's Master's meet up. I'm sure the RD would be helpful. What do you say Holly?

I forgot about Jefferson City. Should have asked my kids.

Kiss was my first in-person concert. Man my ears hurt and indeed Detroit Rock City should be on the list too. Nice catch SteveP.

Good luck to CNY and all the other racers. Run like the wind.

Happy Friday all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

I think Monkey should be next fall's Master's meet up. I'm sure the RD would be helpful. What do you say Holly?

I've often thought of this. It also makes a great destination.

Have a great run and a great time C-R...put a bug in that RD's ear if you happen to see him.

Opie, I hate to disappoint you but Carol Rodriquez "follows" 4,290 people.

Come to think of it, It's a wonder she ever gets any training done.

Right.  I'm on Twitter & Google Plus but can't hit the trifecta with Facebook.

You know the old joke...YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook are merging to offer a new service....

...You Twit Face. 

[insert groan here]

Be safe. Be kind.

I'm only disappointed that I couldn't think of Jefferson City.

pfriese

This is one my all time favorite runs. It's pretty and its just about running and runners. I think Monkey should be next fall's Master's meet up. I'm sure the RD would be helpful. What do you say Holly?

+1

TammyinGP

Oh I'm in love again.   Get moving on those photos sweetie.   Spareribs

um, okay, Ribs . . . . your wish is my command. . .

you did know this is what I meant, right?

afterall, today's topic is male models. . .

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy, how 'bout the one with the firemen?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.