Masters Running

Sunday - 1/10/2016 - I broke my first New Year’s resolution. Have you yet too? (Read 41 times)

Dave59

Did a core workout this morning. Then after church and lunch I went out for 3.81 miles. I needed exactly that to get to 20 miles for the week.

I was looking for my mp3 player before my run when I remembered that it was in the pocket of my shorts that I wore yesterday and those were in the washer.

After my run I couldn't figure out how to turn off and reset my Garmin.

Then I got in my car and put it in drive, which would have sent me 20 feet down a ravine and into the river if I wouldn't have caught myself soon enough. 

Thanks for the kudos on my quilts and on GS Brock Isaac.  I just got back from the Arts Center, the crowd started picking up after the Vikings game was over. Kinda glad I didn't see them lose.  Oh well, it is just a game.  I have been out of the house three times today and it still is not above zero. No run planned and have a class to go to tonight at 6pm.  I am off work tomorrow so I can serve lunch at an organization I belong to, wonder how many will show up.  MrStarr and I will be able to go the the Y together for once.

Since moving out of her townhouse DD1 has been home with us since last Wednesday.  Most of her stuff is in our shop but she has been going through a few boxes of her stuff. Her unemployment hearing is scheduled for Thursday so we aren't pushing her to do much other than get ready for that. It is a telephone interview with a judge and her former employer. After being in recovery myself I have realized that you can't fix other people but it is so tempting to try! We have been trying our best to be positive, keep the house tidy and comfortable and most importantly make healthy food available.

Oh, finally have photos of the baby and family.

Addison, Brock, Brody

Brock and mama

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

StarrRuns congratulations on the new family member. The pictures are great!

Spareribs I have not been watching the Netflix series. Today I was with a friend who is watching and told me there is going to air somewhere an hour show or something talking about what the series left out. I wish I could be of more help here. Since I have not been watching the series I did not pay too much attention to the details, but perhaps doing a web search will bring it up.

Mike E thank you for the prolotherapy suggestion. Injections like that are a long way off as yet! I am going to go with a week of couch potato and see how that works.

tomwhite I have used tape before. I am not sure it helped. Thank you for the suggestion maybe it will be different this time if I decide to give it a shot.

tetsujin209 I am pretty sure I broke your non vow before I turned 1! I had cholic as a baby. Back then they had parents give kids like me some wine and honey to put them to sleep (err temporarily I assume but after nonstop crying . . .). That may explain my subsequent penchant for such beverages. 

wildchild your runs sound like killers! Even your "shorter" ones!

enkephalin pretty cool about how easy it is to set up a security system! I am sorry you think you need it. I have been thinking of getting cameras for around the house. From your description of what I need to do to do that, now may be the time.

Couch potato day 1. I have a business trip at the end of the week. I then return a week from Tuesday. I think I am going to couch potato until I get back home. Then see how running goes on the treadmill, set to 0 incline.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Starr, great news about the new grandson.  The pictures are priceless.  Mike, congrats on the speedy marathon with 8th OA and 1st in AG.  Twocat, what a bummer about your AT that you thought had healed.  Tet, nice 13.2 with your Joyful Running Club friends.

Nice long runs and walks for RCG, Aamos, Morebo, Holly, Mari, Evan, and Jay.

Yesterday, I got in 6 miles.  This morning and during the day it's been snowing and windy.  Right now, we're at the kids getting ready to babysit tomorrow.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

tselbs I thought so too.  I was pain free (not running, but pain free) for over a week before I tried running again.

I should add, that it is probably not my Achilles. I thought there was an attachment to it near the outside of the ankle. After looking at some web pages about ankle problems, it seems a lot more likely that I have a peroneal tendonitis.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

love the baby pics Starr!!

had a good and busy weekend. Volunteered with the race club yesterday by working one of the aid stations. Had a good time and am glad that the club instituted a requirement that you must volunteer at at least one race to qualify for the runner of the year.

then I was all stoked about running again after getting home and reflecting on such a fun day with my local running friends, that I signed registered for 3 races last night.

so, that led to the decision that if I'm going to run these races I'm committing myself too (a few are pretty tough ones too), I bet get some miles on my feet. So, went out for a 5 mi run this afternoon after an amazing football game. Which one you ask??  Oh, I think MikeE knows the answer to that one Wink

Tammy

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  O Starr, be thrilled you did not watch the Vikings debacle.  Ouch to the 84th power.

14.5 yesterday and 13 today.

Here is today's account: agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com

hope you like it!

grins

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I am back home and, like always, I have a ton of stuff to do.  One of these days, I'm going to go to one of these things and, accidentally, forget to come back...seriously.

Sometimes, it is tough to be a Vikings fan.  I wish I didn't feel so strongly about them, but when you've watched and rooted for them since as long as you can remember...it's tough to see them lose like that...over and over and over again.  If you heard any thunder after that missed field goal, that was my mom, in heaven, punching out a Seahawks fan...seriously.

Starr--I meant to mention--you are a very talented lady...and you have very cute grandkids.

Okay--I have to go.  I was going to start in on everything I have to do...but...a whiskey/coke is staring me in the face.  It will all be here tomorrow.  See ya!

Hi friends - I'm with the crowd not really making any New Year's resolutions. I always try to say I want to be a better person, do more for others that kind of stuff, but no real resolutions (I'd probably have broken them by now if I did )

Starr - beautiful new grandbaby and great photos of all the kiddos

Erika - you amaze me with your runs with those frigid temps and lack of daylight -- inspiring!!

Enke - so cool about your new bike and love her name! Mine should be arriving at the bike shop mid-late January and I need to work on a name too!! Creepy and way NOT COOL about your ex!!

Mari - great long run!!

Ribs - love the hats!!

RCG - my dh is really the one you want for purging!! He is the tosser, I am the donater -- I salvaged some stuff for local charities and a homeless shelter, but he is responsible for filling the majority of the dumpster. He drives me crazy, but his motives are good -- he's determined to build a small room for our granddaughter downstairs while he is unemployed. Right now she is sharing a bed and a room with her parents since they moved back in with us.

No run today - work day, had a lovely delivery this morning then a quiet rest of the day -- love those days once in awhile!!

denise

Mariposai

I am always sad to see twocat's injured avatar here. Sorry buddie.

What a great picture of Spareribs and the Saint!! She is such a lovely girl, and he is a charmer.

Sweet pictures of the baby and the sibilings!!!

Enkie, good for your for naming your bikes. I do enjoy naming my various bikes.

Look at speedy Aamos, she ran 14 yesterday and 13 today. Impressive.

Today was a great day for cross training. 4 easy miles plus 2 hours of hard cord snowshowing with some friends. A fun day!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard