Masters Running

Tuesday, 6.23.15 (Read 33 times)

.''..After six months of lethargic legs portending the end of any real running anymore, the trails of old provided enough rejuvenation for a circuit along the silty lakeshore and up to glacier overlooks along the trimline my great-grandfather used to see from mining digs now more than a century gone but, for some of us, not forgotten. ''

tet

>>>>>>>>>tet//..........Two Words---------Nekked PoolRunning----------taking Barefoot Running to it's Logical Conclusion

you're welcome

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Hope all the dads had a happy Father's Day. I did. My daughter (5 years old) gets really into it. She wrapped a bunch of stuff up from around the house. So I got a remote control, and some eyeglass wipes amongst other things. I couldn't ask for anything more--she gets so excited. My 4 year old son loves me in his own way--he's just more understated Smile

This is priceless! I love that she thought to do that! Good to hear you're ok after your fall (eww) and glad to hear the running is coming along well.

Poor Dexter! I never heard of an actual tear healing on it's own. I hope he's better soon. How old is Dexter? And poor Max! Goodness, your critters are having a time aren't they?

Who is Pete Rose? (heh, jk... just had to throw that out there)

Love the Twocats/Mariposai visit picture! Looks like a lot of fun. How long is this visit?

Woke up to very thick smoke this morning. Bleh. It seems to lighten up in the afternoon though, so I'm planning on a run after my afternoon meeting. I don't like running hard in this stuff though, so it'll be an easy effort run. Big problem coming up: our mile track race is Thursday evening. And yes, the smoke is better late in the day, it's still here and that's a race that leaves me coughing in good conditions. I wonder if they'll postpone it, which has happened at other races in smoky conditions. My goal is anything under 7 minutes. I'm no Mike E, after all!

evanflein

this retirement thing probably HAS a downside, I just haven't hit it yet.

I am so counting on this result as well! (just have to wait few more years....)

mrrun

.this retirement thing probably HAS a downside, I just haven't hit it yet.

after 2 years, I haven't found it!

Ran 8 this morning as I'm not running for 4 days with GC care because school ends tomorrow.  I was dripping lots, but still wasn't as bad out as it is now.  TV is warning of storm cells and enjoying it no end.  hopefully it will all miss us!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My 4 year old son loves me in his own way--he's just more understated Smile

wait'll he's 44 and gives you a Father's Day card appreciating your "pointing him in the right direction"

and apologizing for taking the "the scenic route" before finally arriving on his own.

My daughter's said that I always tell them "not to give me any presents" as "I don't need anything"  then, "okay" on the inside, "I won't' but "would you have a couple of bucks to reimburse me for this card?" and, incidentally, "there's a nice women's shoe store next door too."

Thanks a lot tom.

I'll still bla...., I mean give you credit for prior advice.

ps posie - were you able to ditch him up there or did he find his way back?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Is pool running one word?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Is pool running one word?

only when tom does it.

same as when he does nekkidpoolrunning

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

.this retirement thing probably HAS a downside, I just haven't hit it yet.

Every day is Saturday. Sorry dude.

SteveP