Masters Running

Thurs 9/11 (Read 556 times)

Dave59

Head Procrastinator

Roy, happy anniversary!
      ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Yay Sir Jogger and the Great One for sharing much-needed offsets to an otherwise sad day.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Bruce, don't go away dude. While this is a running forum, I think it is great we can talk and discuss all sorts or topics and life's experiences. Heck Bruce, I bring some goofy topics and personal information and really appreciate people's responses and help some times. I know religion and politics can be a sore subject...but no one here means any disrespect to anyone. What I may find funny, someone else my find offensive...that's just human nature Bruce. I echo the posts about how "just" simply posting our runs would be kinda boring, without the personal interests of our GREAT family here at RA. Do I always agree with everything said here, heavens no. But I respect each person with their own opinion and values. Melinda, our warranty clerk started crying like a baby today at our managers meeting. We all were like "whats wrong Melinda" She said it was because it was 9/11 and her family had been personally touched by that day...she really didn't say how. But the rest of us were involved in the meeting and not really thinking about "that day" right then, but she was. We are all different and deal with things differently. I for one have a tendency to bury my head and not think of bad things...due to my horrible up bringing. Where as you Bruce take things more literal. That's ok for both of us, because we are all human and have to deal with things as we deem fit. So Bruce as another human being, stay around and post your runs, and participate as you feel comfortable. OK Bro...I asked what race you are doing...please let me know, ok. Everyday day when I come to RA, I am looking at what Bruce did today, and how awesome he is doing...along with a lot of others...don't leave us hangin.... See ya tomorrow! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wow - 6 pages --- today was a sleep day for me and i slept like a log -- had a busy day yesterday with a real kick-butt spinning class then a massage early afternoon and only slept a couple hours before going in to work last night - had a pt that was totally crazy and draining!! so today only consisted of some light stretching with some ab work and here i am back at work!! I actually have 3 days off in a row this weekend so hope to get some quality running in!!

denise

I got in just a bit ago to my team's pre-race hotel. It is late and I should get to sleep. So I fear I cannot really reply to many posts chronicalling the day's myriad journeys. However, I do want to say to Ribs it is great to read the doctor cleared to run again! Congratulations. You worked hard for it. Enjoy the first of many more to come. I do, however, want to reply about the issue of discussing politics or religion here in the daily. Bruce, for better or worse people on the political left seem to be more likely to voice their views publicly than those on the right. If you need direct evidence try to come up with rallies put on by conservatives that come anywhere close to approaching in size those put on by liberals. On the other hand, the size of such events clearly does not indicate the popularity or general consensus of the views being expressed. If it did it seems unlikely we would see as many elected conservatives as we have. None of this is intended to be a statement of good or bad it just appears to be a part of reality. But, I think it does mean that if any forum like this does start discussing politics and religion it will appear to those on the left that nearly all agree with them and those on the right that they are alone in their views within the community. Unless there is some reason to believe runners are particularly liberal or conservative I am guessing this forum's population probably reflects the general consensus of the electorate rather than the vote one might tally from those expressing a definite view on a controversial issue. So, what I am saying is that when people express their views here they also risk alienating (even if inadvertently) those on the other side of the political isle; which given past history will be the conservatives. At one point there was a thread, which I think was started by Ribs, in which all such discussions on politics or religion could be had freely by those that wished to have them. Those that did not could easily avoid reading the thread. So, if you want to discuss politics or religion here I think that is all well and good. But, I would like to gently suggest you create a new thread for it. Bruce whatever your views I can pretty much guarantee they are not unique to you within this community. I hope you will give RA and the master's forum another shot.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

Morning Gang Well haven't been on here for a while and only run yesterday after 11 days off from running working nights and meetings etc all the excuses. I even secretly thought of packing it in. Never mind, went for a 3 miler yesterday and today with MrsRoy, which was nice. Very slow but nice. It's that time of year again and I'm please to say I am 19 years without a drink. TG Good Runs Alll Roy
                You've been missed Roy..Well done on the 19 years!!!! Good Luck Two Cat!!! Have fun!!! We're pulling for you Ribs. Your a rock solid member of this forum. After woork, DS and I went to the beach for the last time this year. It wasn't so busy....Lake Michigan was 66F. The waves were pretty good sized and I swam out into them...It was kewl...Like swimming up hill...When we got done, we went to get ice cream...and came out with Cherry/Blackberry Jam, Cherry Salsa, Cherry Coconut Cookies, Double Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies..... I've thought about packing it in as well...I enjoy the running, however, it's been too hit and miss to call it "training". As long as this is a running forum, there is going to be non-running topics. That's just the way people are. We can agree or disagree. As every one here has had their first post, each of us will also have our last post. Hopefully Bruce comes back. When any one here posts for the last time, I hope it's on a high note...Such as Vista working on a book (chasing a dream). Off the soap box now.

SteveP