Masters Running

Thurs Aug 7th Daily Runs (Read 511 times)

Excellent news about Spareribs! Can't wait to read the full report and the post-op training plan. Two runs to post: 7 miles yesterday morning at 5 AM in the rain along the Charles River. I thought of Henrun and Marj as I was near Kenmore Square. Pressed for time, so I kept it to 7 miles to make a 7:15 breakfast meeting. Tramps----it's always cool to run a fartlek run. That was my run today---13.8 miles with about 9 of it as a fartlek workout and charging all the hills. The last two miles felt awful and I was so happy to see my street. I didn't bring enough to drink and I have a low pressure system migraine today that is smacking me. Gotta scoot....I am trying to get lots of work done so I can go Olympics crazy next week. Karin
      Maine: That's a great 8-miler, especially those last sub-8 miles. BTW, how did Joel do in the 10K...I'm really envious of his times, especially since we're about the same age.
      DickyG - Joel did pretty good, he ran a 43:32 net time (7:01) not too shabby for a 64 year old! He is such a good runner and so very knowledgable. He is my mentor in more ways than one, but he has helped my running so very much. I love training with him and running these harder workouts, it always nice to have someone there to help keep you focused. Otherwise I know I wouldn't do some of these workouts the same, as Joel often says "pain loves company"! Big grin

Marathon Maniac #957

comedy of errors myself this morning. went to pour the coffee & i'd forgotten the grounds last night.
        That happened to me yesterday. I am NOT a pleasant person when I have to wait on my coffee in the morning.
        Hamstrings & maybe piriformis hurt most of the time, even during the w/u walk, so I am happy with this run. Except, of course, the hurting part.
        EXCEPT FOR the hurting part? Didn't we just have a talk about this? (...grabbing the car keys and the roll of duct tape....)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

DickyG, here: http://www.sportskool.com/videos/running-training-2 I also do some of his 'movement prep'. http://www.sportskool.com/videos/running-training-1 I want to run like her when I grow up. You certainly are versatile. Holly, don't you hate that? Still it's better than forgetting the water. uh. what? oh yeah. Can I blame it on the coffee? No? run away!! Smile
          Mariposai

6 miles this morning with 3x1mile at tempo. tramps doesn't like farklets???? CNYruuner great job on that 13 miler today...speed and charging all the hills! You are an inspiration sistahhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Spare Ribs - Glad your doing fine. Anxious to hear your comments. 6 mile easy run 200 meter pool swim

King of PhotoShop

Tim, you seem awfully frustrated for having made a wise decision. I told you this training program is tough and the effects are cumulative. Every now and then you will hit a day where you just can't do it, and the wise person backs off. Next time make the same decision but without the moaning! You are learning every day. Good that you got some easy work in. So Karin is sharpening with fartlek work for 13 and the Butterfly is doing mile tempos. I turn my back one week and they are all out to get me. Dicky, trust me. Tramps pictures are the accurate ones. Disregard the avatar. I think I will put my high school picture back up there, as old as I feel. 1.5 miles walking at the Y indoor track, while the Saint ran 3 in around the same time. I quit because I knew I would learn later how I felt and didn't want to make a mistake on day one. I have just a few restrictions now. One is not lifting heavy objects such as 12-packs of Sierra Nevada, so I must get others to bring them to me. Another is driving, so the Saint has to drive me around for the next couple of months. I ride in the back seat where there are no air bags to whack my sternum. My next plan is to install one of those partitions between the front and the back with a small mike so I can give her driving instructions (click, "You're going a little too fast." click) Spareribs
                  Spareribs, you remind me a lot of my brother when he lost part of several fingers in a snowblower. He was cracking jokes in the hospital...such a good attitude. 3.6 slow, but lovely miles for me last night. The temperature has dropped to quite pleasant summer highs here this week. Beautiful.
                    Sharpening is right Ribs----watch out! Evil grin Those car partitions can be locked from the driver's side and I am guessing that The Saint is quite handy with the "mute" button.
                      hi people, i'm back... had some major deadlines and lack of sleep, but kept running through it all. 4 more miles today at 13.41 pace, and with 20.4 miles in already i'm thinking i better take a break before saturday's scheduled long run; i just noticed that i ran the same distance, 20.4 miles, for the whole week just a couple of weeks ago, and the total time was 28 minutes longer! something has happened...the legs are moving... good to see you back, ribs! and i'm just a tad jealous reading about tory and woody and brinkley - i sure miss pelle. though i don't miss the dark - we still have long scandinavian days here. mariposai, i like the "farklets" - they sound like little... well... never mindSmile) anyway, good to see you all, and good runs! susan

I Can Go The Distance

Ribs: Glad you are home and on the road to recovery. Wildchild: Welcome back, we missed you. Now get to work on that July miles report. Big grin 8 easy miles for me today in 1:19:23 (9:56 pace). Ribs, I had trouble with my wave run last Saturday. Living in a hilly area as I do, it seemed like every speed up mile came at an uphill part of my run. I think I have found a good course now though and I should be ok for this Saturday. Have a great day everyone. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

evanflein

{{{The Saint}}}
                            spareribs, it's good to hear you are home and even walking. Good job for the Saint getting a run in. munch, nice mall walk. hopeful, I'm glad to hear the puppy is improving and appreciate the picture. Nice long runs for perch (with speedwork) and CNY. Good job on the speedwork for breger and maine. This morning, I shared the same pleasant weather as hopeful and roch, about 60 and almost calm. I did 6 miles including another trip over the big hill with a sidetrip down a road I've never run which has some moderate hills then back over the big hill to get home. It took me a bit under 59:30 for a 9:53 pace. I don't know if I kicked the hill's rear end but I think I fought it to a draw. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                              Spareribs - is this like "Driving Miss Daisy?" Wink Dicky G - Nah, Favre's were leasing a house the last two years in case he had to leave town quickly. The last one he had was on the market for 1.3 million and he took a beating trying to sell it. Don't know about the color of the guest bedrooms because they kept all of the curtains and blinds closed!
                              dg.

{{{ Texas }}} Tselbs, wtg.