Masters Running

Monday - 6/22 (Read 36 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Yay Tom.  Sounds like my GS doing opposite-land

to everything fun I say that he shouldn’t do.

I hope you do too.
    Not so nice down below but lots of forest fire haze too to the southeast

painting the skies a rosy radiance as enthralling as the northern lights

displays in winter.  How do you ever go to sleep up there?

After six months of lethargic legs portending the end of any real running anymore, the trails of old provided enough rejuvenation for a circuit along the silty lakeshore and up to glacier overlooks along the trimline my great-grandfather used to see from mining digs now more than a century gone but, for some of us, not forgotten.
    Since I used to do the 3.5 miles in less than an hour, I kind of scoffed at the Park Service’s “2-hour” trailhead hike estimate.  I’ll blame the two hours plus it took after all these years to reminiscing so much and too many photo stops, e.g. for the delightful American Dippers (water ouzels) cavorting in-and-out of the frigid waters of the creeks along the way for emerging insects.
    I made lots of noise so no bear pictures or encounters.  Whew. However, a lot of dark, mossy stumps in the shadows lurched my heart to a halt more than once.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Man, I wish I had time to comment on everybody's stuff.

The plan, for tonight, called for 5 x 200 @ 36 seconds with a 1:00 rest between each, a 3:00 rest, then another set of 5 x 200 @ 36 seconds.  The 200's went like this:  36.7 - 37.28 - 34.97 - 34.91 - 35.18 - 3:00 Rest - 35.47 - 35.75 - 34.39 - 35.76 - 35.54 - 34.56.  Did you notice I ran a 6th one in the second set?  I didn't until I got home and recorded it.  It definitely wasn't on purpose because those were tough...I'm sure a whole lot tougher than they should have been.  I also did a 3 mile warm up and 3 mile cool down.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

Monday is my yoga day, so yoga it was

Amy is just crazy fun!

Erika - did you say smoke? That is no good.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

evanflein

I did say smoke. And we had a nice dinner of grilled lamb burgers tonight, but watched the smoke roll in after awhile and it got pretty thick by the time we went in!

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - that sounds lovely!  Wish you could share  the pictures.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."