Masters Running

Wednesday, 10.7.15 (Read 35 times)

You guys & gals are making me laugh.  A Halloween village sounds AWESOME!

I have a question for all of you.  Do you think it might be time to take down a sticky or 2?  If they haven't seen any interest in a couple of years?  Just curious.

SteveP

I'm sorry for your family's loss Stumpy.

I've been well, but busy. Today is Wednesday and by the time I left work, I had 49.somthing hours in.(I'm hourly). Because the previous manager's inventories showed too many dependencies, our property gets to have a few of them each year. We have one on the 31st. For me, it's like a kid in a candy shop looking to make some screwed up redemption. Because of the poor economy, I was let go 8 years ago this month. I'm going to have the main warehouse un-disastered by the 31st. However, I can only make progress after the lumber yard closes and most other people go home. My goal is to have the 31st off so Noah and I can race in his favorite event...the Zombie Run.

While we're open and I'm unloading trucks, I'll often pretend not to speak English when a driver I've not seen before comes in. We've had new colors of shingles come in from one manufacturer. We've gone from three colors to 12.  When the driver came in with a load of the first new color, it was so much fun. I'm reviewing the paper work and looking at the new product and looking at the existing shingles. In s guttural accent I say, "Is no goot, huh?...Is not for here.". The guy say it's what we ordered. I point to the current inventory. "Is got weater woot (weather wood). Is dlriftwoot (driftwood). Is black."  I point to his load of shingles and ask, "Whut is, huh?"

When he tells me "Gray", is struggled with the pronunciation a few time and finally get "Gdlay?"

Progress!! Until I say "Gdlay is not black, huh?"

When I said, "I'm just messin'...Let's get you unloaded." The dude was shocked, then laughed for quite a while.

The entire crew was required to take a personality assessment and we were evaluated on four basic traits. "Some damn thing, one damn thing, another damn thing, and something else. My assessment showed  my traits close to the center of the pie chart with blunt analytical tendencies and heavily exhibit traits of the other three personality types. The interviewer was interested in the results. I told him I could have saved four hours. I'm either well rounded or nuts, now lets get the show on the road so I can get back to work.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

I watched the Grand Canyon episodes of the Brady Bunch...does that count?